Scrabble Tile Alphabet Magnets

Christine Weber

For the kid in all of us. Pick up a used Scrabble game at the thrift store and create a set of alphabet magnets to grace a fridge door!

• a large plastic bag or several sheets of newspaper
  • a used Scrabble game
  • magnets, smaller than a Scrabble tile, one for each tile (I prefer rare earth magnets as they are very strong and hold things tightly to the fridge)
  • Ad
  • craft glue or super glue
  • glue spreader or Q-tip
  • a lid from a used plastic container (such as a yogurt container)

Instructions:

1. Before starting, clear the table and cover it with newspaper or a large garbage bag to avoid getting glue on the table.
  2. Lay all your Scrabble tiles face down in front of you. Pour a small puddle of glue onto the plastic container lid. Spread a coat of glue on the back of a magnet and firmly press it against the back of a Scrabble tile. Hold until you can feel the magnet is starting to stick.
  3. Place aside to dry. I find craft glue works fine for this craft, but if your magnets are not sticking properly, you may need to try Super glue.
  4. Repeat step two for all your Scrabble tiles.
  5. Once all your tiles are completely dry, place them in a box and give to any of the 'kids' on your Christmas list, young or old. If the original game box is still in good shape, fill it with some tissue paper and set the tiles inside for a truly unique presentation.

Cool idea! I like that!

Simple, yet brilliant! Thank you!

Yet another groovy~fun thing to do with magnets!! Not as much work as shaving the computer keys down to fit for magnets. I want to do this one too!

Hey! We did this last week before we found this. My wife and I loved it! I'm just looking for more fun things to do.

That's a great idea! Would make spelling, writing fun for kids past the choking age (over 3 usually) too...They could 'write' to each other. Maybe on their own magnetic board...that would be a great gift idea, too, again for the older child not likely to put them in her/his mouth. :)

Decoupage Scrabble Tile Earrings
Making Craft Projects with Scrabble Pieces
Crafts Recycled Crafts ToysDecember 21, 2005
Noel Ornament made from Scrabble pieces
Making a Scrabble Tile Christmas Ornament
Decoupage Scrabble Tile Earrings
Decoupage Scrabble Tile Earrings
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
Animal Cracker Magnets
Homemade Refrigerator Magnets
🎉
🎄