My Froggy Crossing Pond

This was our summer 2006 project. We had collected various sizes of rocks from vacation spots, my late sister's home in Heber Springs, Arkansas, Europe, and other places. I sketched out the layout and we worked all summer on it; we put the finishing touches on it this weekend.

It has a sense of whimsy in it with the frogs, the gazing ball turtle, the floating ceramic starfish in the small pond; the water fall is refreshing to listen to when you sit on the bench in the front yard; there is a blue ceramic frog sitting on a rock near the water fall; a resin frog under the water fall; a frog resting in a hammock, a large lizard perched on a rock looking at the frogs (yum, yum!), a large fern grows behind the rock garden and it will be beautiful next year as it frames the rocks and the water. At night the water shimmers with the lights around it. There are two large wrought iron candleholders behind the water fall that will be lit up for celebrations and holiday seasons.

There is an old washtub with spring/summer flowers; I will replace the flowers as the seasons change; there is a window flower box on the house near the water garden and it will hold seasonal flowers as well.

This feature is an inviting entrance to our front door and we will enjoy it for years to come.

This was a challenge to my husband and I; my husband has many skills (he is very handy around the house and is able to repair and build anything I ask him).

It might not look like a professional job - but we accomplished it and we are proud of it.

By WandaJo from TN

I love water features and am always happy to see pics of them. Yours is looking good. Unfortunately I live in a second floor apartment, no yard or garden.

So my water feature has to be inside. I have two goldfish in a tank, there are indoor plants near the tank and some ceramic froggies.

Ellie.

I love all the different rocks and the frogs! Your hard work shows beautiful results and you should be very proud. Great job!

You two done a beautiful job....its so much better when you do it yourself then get a professionals. You need to pat each other on the back...good job....enjoy :0)

This is beautiful, ya'll did a great job!! I wish I had something that pretty in my backyard!!

It looks professional to me. Great job!!!! It's good to hear when husband and wife can work together.

Very pretty and pleasing to look at.You did a great

job. I like the froggies nice touch!!!

I think it looks very professional. And I love frogs too!!!! Now would you like to do one at my house? LOL!! Great job!

Beautiful and Relaxing and with memories of each rock, I can see all enjoying this from inside and outside alike.

LOVELY! God bless you for taking care of what He has allowed both of you to find, use, enjoy together.

Keep adding to it as you can. It seems as though you have plenty of room for growth in that yard, too.

Water plants are interesting to plant near ponds:

Horsetail root herb is both upright and can be made into a supplement and taken internally. Certain irises

love water. Cypress, Pecan and Willow trees love water. You might also continue collecting rocks until you have enough to stack them for a couple of stone benches, and find enough to make a stone path to your patio/home. Don't be tempted to try

water lilies since they take more water than we think, and like to grow alone. Should you expand the pond

and fountain one day, you can also consider making

separate planting areas of cement/rocks, and perhaps minnows which eat mosquito larvae! If you keep it circulating the water, it should keep the algae

and moss growth to a minimum. Drain it for the winter or you might lose your pump as some folks I know did. God bless you both, be your front and rear guards in all your travels.

Garden Pond
Building a Garden Pond
Home and Garden Gardening Ponds and RockerySeptember 14, 2006
garden pond
Installing a Preformed Garden Pond
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Controlling Algae in a Pond
Controlling Algae in a Pond
Beautiful Swan
Decorating a Pond for a Wedding
🎉
🎄