Use Old Holiday Bulbs in Nightlights

I haven't had to purchase bulbs for our night lights for years. To make this happen, I saved all the holiday bulbs from our old strings of lights when I switched to mini's. The old colored bulbs fit right into the night light bulb sockets and the light is slightly dimmer so it is just enough to enable you to get around in the dark and not so bright it keeps you from falling asleep.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Maybe right after Christmas when they have the sales might be a great time to stock up (or) look for them at garage sales. I can not believe how much these are any more, even at the dollar stores.

scatter of Christmas light bulbs
Uses for Christmas Light Bulbs
Better Living Green Living ReusingNovember 15, 2007
Pre-Sprouted Bulbs
Planting Pre-Sprouted Bulbs and Flowers
A hand holding an incandescent bulb.
Using Incandescent Bulbs
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent), A light bulb.
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent)
Fall crocus bulbs.
Growing Bulbs in Every Season
🎄