Dog With Blood In Its Urine

What does it mean when a dog has blood in urine? (Urinal Tract Infection?) Is there any natural cure?

Leeza from Tigard, Oregon

Editor's Note: Please see a vet about this problem if it continues.

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Alan B Steele 3 19 08/20/2006

Sorry Leeza but it means you dog needs to see a vet ASAP.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Maggie 18 4 08/20/2006

Agree! Take your pet to the vet. It could be a number of things.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Jennifer Nelson 1 314 08/20/2006

The the Mod and Alan are absolutely correct, do not wait, or look for a "natural cure", this must be treated immediately by a Vet.

Northern Virginia

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Gayle 9 3 08/20/2006

YES!!!! Get that poor sick dog to a vet, it could be a UTI.Either way, a vet is the answer to your problem.Your dog is suffering, you know what it's like to be sick well, they do too.Yes!!!! & ASAP!!!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Joyce 4 32 08/20/2006

Yes, it's definatly vet time. It could be one of many things.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By merry miller (Guest Post) 08/20/2006

Possibly urinary tract infection, could be kidney stone, or something along that lines, It is vet time. Mostly a prescription med for urinary tract infection. Merry

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Pet Lover (Guest Post) 08/21/2006

My cat had blood in her urine. I took her to the vet & it was a urinary tract infection which the vet said if left untreated it could've been a very serious health problem. We got her on antibiotics right away & she is the picture of health. Any time you see blood in your pet's urine is a sign there is something wrong with your pet. If you saw blood in your urine, wouldn't you see a doctor right away? Common sense.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By janice (Guest Post) 11/16/2007

My dog (1 1/2 years old) was neutered 3 days ago. He has been acting normal since we've brought him home. This morning while out for our morning walk I noticed that when he peed there was blood in his urine. At lunch hour the urine was not bloody. I am concerned but don't want to bring him to the vet again if it isn't required as he just went through a anxious time at the vet. If he doesn't have blood in his urine the next time he goes- should I still bring him to the vet?

Editor's Note: I'd call the vet that did the surgery. It may be normal after surgery, it may not be.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By tum (Guest Post) 04/05/2008

My dog FJ pass away yesterday,he had blood in his urine for a few days,he was on antibiotics for 4 days but it did not help. If you pet is sick please get him help right away. It hurts real bad when you lose your pet.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By shadow (Guest Post) 07/20/2008

is it safe to give a dog cranberry juice?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Mary Beth from Boca Raton (Guest Post) 08/24/2008

I have a 7 year old weimerweiner who was fine 12 hours ago. We dropped him at the dog sitter and within 10 hours his urine was bright red. The vet said the color of blood right from the vein. He is on IV's and antibiotics. No word yet on how he is doing. In other cases, did it happen this quickly?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By David (Guest Post) 09/07/2008

My dog had a UTI anf the vet gave her a 2 week supply of Baytril antibiotics, she finished them 5 days ago and tonight I noticed a small amount of blood when she finished. Should I take her back to the vet?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No