Stuffed Green Pepper Soup
Can make it as thick or thin as you like. Very hearty and tasty.
- 1 lb. roll sausage (I use hot)
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 quarts hot water if you like it thin, or 1 large tomato can of water
- 1 (28 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice (I also used a 1/2 cup instant, not cooked)
- 2 cups chopped green peppers (can use yellow or red)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
In a Dutch oven, cook beef and sausage with onions and garlic until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until peppers are tender. Serves 10
By Michele from Western KY
We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in February! Click here to find out more...
Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!