Wildlife: Birds Nest Basket

contest winner icon

Here is a photo of a grapevine basket that I had placed in our garage. I was going to use it for something else. What a surprise to find that a mother bird decided to use it to build her nest!

This really surprised my hubby and me since there is so much activity in our garage. I hope that you can see that there are at least two eggs in the nest and the mother bird has over compensated the size of the nest and has a very small opening for her to go in and out.

We are trying to steer clear of the basket in hopes that the bird will continue to sit on the nest and have babies soon. I will definitely put the basket up in a tree once the babies are finished using it so that it can be used again.

Source: Me: Amazed once again at the wonders of wildlife!

By Southeastgeorgiapeach from Jesup, GA

Thank you for posting this wonderful picture. Wildlife is indeed amazing!

Beautiful find

Seems like a lot of ThriftyFun posters really appreciate the loveliness of life. They notice the subtleties that take time and reflection to see. I enjoy reading the postings every day.

Robin Bird Nest
Bird Nest Photos
Photos WildlifeMay 27, 2009
Air Conditioner
Keeping Birds Away From Air Conditioners
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Nesting Robin
Deterring Nesting Birds
Bumble Bee on a flower.
Getting Rid of Underground Bumble Bee Nest
🎉
🎄