Substitute for Baby Wipes

Do you have a little one just learning to potty or want a better alternative to plain old toilet paper? Use one of the pump type dispensers for foam soaps/shampoos and place it near the toilet. Fill it with a small amount of baby soap and then add water for the foaming action. Have it near by to use when wiping kids or yourself for a fresh clean feeling.

Place a few pumps of the foam on dry plain toilet paper to wipe with. It gets you clean just like those wet flushable wipes, if not better. Saves money too!

Baybygale from AL

Great Idea .. I bet you could add a drop or two of food coloring to make "fun" foam for the kids! I'm going to try this with my 2 year old whose just starting to "toilet learn".

I don't think it's a good idea to be rubbing soap into genitalia for wiping. Even baby soap. And then to like leave it on the skin, soap wasn't meant to be left on the skin it was meant to be washed off. You could be opening your kids to yeast infections in females and irritation and who knows what

You just put a small drop or two of the baby soap,

It would be more water in it than anything.

I had an extemely hard time potty training son.

We all know how extemely messy things get for # 2.

And I've also used it for years, no infections.

"Careful of the genital region, as for females use caution with any product."

I think it's better than leaving any traces of #2, </i>now that would really cause infections.</i>

<b>"Basically, it's <i>almost</i> baby wipes in a bottle."</b>

If you boil the water first, that helps retard mildew/bacteria growth. I used to make my own baby wipes, and it made a difference! We also had chlorinated water, which hurts your skin/membranes more than the soap!

I agree with the previous poster .. these are just like homemade baby wipes which we've been using for over 2 years now with no problems what so ever. With toddlers the need is still there for an adult to "make sure" all is clean .. but this tip is an excellent way to get kids into the routine of cleaning up after using the toilet. We've been using this with my 2 year old daughter who's toilet training with great success .. she'd much rather use something like this than "baby" wipes. I've been using 1 "pumps" of Johnson's Baby Wash to 2 pts boiling water and add a drop of food coloring and a drop of essential oil for the "ucky poo wipes" as my daughter calls them. I use the same formula to make hand soap as well by adding alcohol to the cooled formula!

wipe your hiney with wet tissue paper and you are going to have a problem I dont mean to sound gross but its the truth and we are all adults the hair is going to catch little bits of tissue paper and they will began to smell if you are in the heat leaving a slight odor in the chair you sit in.

Baby Wipes
Saving Money on Baby Wipes
Parenting Toddler and Preschooler Potty TrainingMarch 10, 2006
Baby Wipes Container
Uses for Baby Wipes
homemade boogie wipes
Homemade Boogie Wipes
Baby Wipes
Rehydrating Baby Wipes
Photo of a baby on changing table.
Making Homemade Baby Wipes