Make Brillo Pad Last Longer

To prevent a Brillo pad from getting rusty, rinse after use then shake out all of the excess water. Make sure no more water comes out when you shake it. I even hit the pad against the sink wall a few times. The pad will last so much longer!

By FI1969 from Catonsville, MD

I cut mine into 4 pieces. I hardly ever need an entire pad. This way they last even longer.

A post a long time ago was to store the pad in a piece of aluminum foil. I didn't see how this could work, but to my astonishment, it does!

Just store it in a small container at the back of the sink in water to which baking soda (3 tbs to 1 cup water) has been added. Will last so much longer!

Mari

P.S. I also read about putting it in the freezer between uses, haven't tried it yet though as the baking soda bath works so well.

I too read about putting it in baggy/old bread wrapper and putting in freezer- this works like a charm!

The important point is to get it dry before it can rust, setting it on something that enables air to circulate under and around it (like an old metal-mesh sieve).

The Best one that I use regularly is that I cut them in half. The pad works virtually the same, you get double the pads.

I cut them in halves or fourths before use, depending on the job size!

I have found that the best way (for me) to keep a Brill or other soap pad from rusting is to set it on a dry sponge. I have an open plastic soap dish that I keep on the back of my sink to put the spong in. I never have any rust.

steel wool
Preventing Brillo or SOS Pads from Rusting
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsJune 4, 2010
woman wearing nylons
Making Nylons Last Longer
Mouse Pad
Cleaning a Mouse Pad
Pad Thai with shrimp
Pad Thai Recipes
Pug looking guilty.
Training a Dog to Poop on a Training Pad
🎄