Fabulous 4 Bean Salad
This is a nice anytime salad. It is easy to prepare the day before a picnic.
- 1 16 ounce can wax beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 16 ounce can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 16 ounce can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 16 ounce can of green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Put all the ingredients other than vinegar and oil into a mixing bowl and stir. Then add vinegar and oil and toss lightly. Refrigerate overnight to let the flavors mix together. Pour excessive juices off the salad before serving.
May 28, 20040 found this helpful
Don't know if its the same in the US but in Australia dried beans are cheaper. A little preplanning by soaking dried beans in the fridge overnight and cooking up the next day can make this a thriftier meal. For convenience the cooked dried beans can be frozen and taken out as required like canned.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 4, 2016 at 7:21:59 AM on 10.0.1.229 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us