Photos Saved from AOL Email

How do I find and access a cd to download onto it? I right clicked and saved photos from my email yesterday. Now they are missing. They should be in AOL saved pictures, in the Shoebox I believe. Are they lost now? How do I get into the Shoebox?

Karen

Depends on what kind of operating system you have, and type of program installed on your computer. I have Windows Vista, but on most computers and systems, there should be a "START" somewhere on the lower edge of your screen. Click on that and select "SEARCH". When the search screen opens, there will be a blank white bar at the top. Type in the words "Photo Gallery". Lower on that screen it should show a list of your photos that you've saved. If it doesn't, then clear the search bar and type in "shoebox". Then, double click on the photo you want to view or print or send. I also have aol, but I'm not familiar with "shoebox" because the Windows Vista is what determines where my photos go. And they go into Windows Photo Gallery.

Another thought...if these were photos sent to you via email and you saved them, they should be in AOL Saved mail or My Saved Mail in your AOL mailbox listings.

Anyway. I hope this helps some. Good luck.

Pat T in Nevada

Windows often saves images files (ending in, for example, .jpg, .gif, .bmp, and so on.) in the My Pictures (under My Documents ) folder.

If they are not there, then right-click on Start. Select Search... and type in *.jpg.

When it has given a list of found files, if the images you want are listed, right-click on one of them, and select Open folder location (or something similar).

Sorry I don't know much about AOL (other than hearing lots of complaints) but in the future why don't you simply right click on them and save to a special folder on your personal hard drive under Documents or Pictures rather than as AOL saved pictures ??? If AOL won't let you do this then it's time to graduate to a better email program ...

For now, if you remember the titles of these pictures, you can do a general 'search' (go to start and look for 'search') and you'll at least be able to find the folder where they might be stored like alloydog mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Sigh! I have lost photo's too. I don't think it is AOL or anything else for that matter. This is what I do when I lose a photo. First I try again to download the pic, to see what file and where is chosen (default). But before you click the ok button, LOOK to see where you have chosen to file it. A lot of times my d has used the download before me and she has chosen her file and then if I don't pay attention and change the file for me, the pics will always go into hers.

AOL Email
Troubleshooting Problems With AOL Email
Computers TroubleshootingMarch 27, 2009
Junk Mail or Email Spam
Preventing Junk Mail or Email Spam
Photo of a person clicking on their inbox.
Organizing Your Email
Friendly Man With Email
Email Etiquette
Gmail
Using Gmail
🎉
🎄