My Son Turns 8 on August 8, 2008

My child is turning 8 on 08/08/08. Is this considered a Golden Birthday or something else. I think this is very odd. Any others that has had birthdays like this?

kellie from Louisiana

In Chinese lore or belief, the number 8 is really lucky number. If you happen to have a Chinese heritage somewhere down the line, celebrate this birthday with a big BANG! Your daughter is extremely fortunate.

Any birthday is special but the combination of the same three numbers will never happen again in her lifetime so make it extra special :-) I happened to turn 54 this year and was born in 1954 and it made me think about the percentages of how many people would even have a double special numerical combination in their lifetime ... A three combination is awesome !!! :-)

This a special day. She will never have this special "Birthday with that date" again.

Have a really special day for her. Take lots of pictures so she has them to pass on to the future generation.

Happy Birthday August, 8th.

Golden birthdays are birthdays in which their age is the same as their birthday, like someone born on the 30th of the month, their 30th birthday would be their golden birthday. I don't remember ever hearing about these until we started ThriftyFun but many consider it a special day and for your child, all the more special because it is also on the same month and year as their birthday.

Susan

It never occurred to me! My granddaughter will be 8 on 8/08/08 also! How cool!

I was wrong. Not on the date. But her age. She will be 9 on the 8th. :(

My father was born on the 9 mo.9 day.of 1909.

I a the person who posted this and he is a boy not a girl. lol Just a little misprint on the title. Thanks to all of you that have responded back . I think this is such a neat thing. The one from Nora is awesome.

Editor's Note: We have fixed it, sorry about that.

I'm not very creative, but I find lots of great party ideas at

www.birthdaypartyideas.com

It is a collection of party ideas people submit online. You can search by theme. Just fyi!

Not quite the same thing, but I have a new little grandson born this year on 08 04 08 which my son thought was auspicious. Last year his Mommy's birthday was 7th of July (seventh day of the seventh month, 007.

I would make a big parade float and put the grandchild up on top, and drive around town with big banners explaining that he's 8 on 8-8-08! Maybe I'd embarrass him but good, but that is so very special! I would arrange for him to get to ride an elephant or something! I know there will be worldwide attention on the Olympics, but he deserves to be the torch-lighter!

Yes I'm very excited, the number 8 has always been my lucky number since I was young. I was born on 8-8-87

I'm actually considering getting a tattoo on my 21st 888 or roman numeral 8 to show off my birthday being on triple 8.

I think we all deserve a very special birthday this year as these numbers will never come again in this sequence.

It will be my 24th birthday on the 8/8/08, and 3 times 8 equals 24! and I'm glad to find somebody who shares the same excitement in this as I do.

So does my son! Do you have any fun ideas?

I am having a crazy 8-ball, pool party for my son. We will fill the pool with inflatable 8 ball beach balls, have an 8 ball cake...black and messy, but it's not my pool! I'm still looking for more ideas, like key chains, etc. But, yes...my son will be 8 on 8/8/08 too!

I am turing 30 on 8/8/08....I was born on 8/8/78 and turnd 10 on 8/8/88.

This is too funny. My daughter will be 8 on 8-8-08! She is having a swimming party! I am looking for unique gifts to get her, any ideas? Christina in PA

Sister's Day Craft Ideas
Sister's Day Craft Ideas
Fern in the ice and snow.
Winterizing a Fern
A boy scout looking at a compass.
Organizing Tips for Parents of Boy Scouts
Iron Framed Bed
Fixing a Squeaky Bed
🎉
🎄