Saving Up for Special Memberships

I have been trying to come up with a spare $100 to renew my membership to the San Diego Zoological Society but never seem to have the spare cash. The last renewal solicitation I received spurred me to take action. I pinned the envelope on my bulletin board (beside the desk) and any money coming in from refunds, part of the extra money I earn babysitting , and other little bits will go into the envelope. I don't think it will take too long this way.

By Linda from Vista, CA

I love this idea! Often out of sight is out of mind, so this could work.

i also put back the xtra money from going to the grocery store,here we have a county market grocery store and if you have what they call a max card(a money saving card you swipe when they have a sale)i would take whatever i saved from sale item and put away as if i had never had the card in the first place and would have had to pay full price for my items. i saved $200 in 2 months

If you anticipate this to be an annual expense than plan for $8.50 a month. Isn't $8.50 easier to save than $100? You can save that much by using coupons, saving change, taking it out of your paycheck with your bills, etc.

Then put it in a separate savings account, one that you won't use often. ingdirect.com would be great place. Or..at your own bank or credit union, open a 12 month dedicated savings. It's a CD that you can add to during the term plus you earn a CD rate. When it matures, pay your membership and begin again.

Except ... Am I the only person who would not have bought the item on sale or for which I had a coupon if it were not on sale or I did not have a coupon? So I surely would not take the "discount" that enabled me to purchase the item from my pocket as if it were excess spendable cash, it's part of my budget.

girl at Museum
Saving Money on Museum Memberships
Budget & Finance Saving MoneyJanuary 23, 2006
Two tickets to a special event.
Saving Money on Tickets
Women Exercising at Gym
Saving Money on Gym Memberships
Wii console and controllers
Saving Money on a Wii
Saving Money at Disneyland, Entrance to Disneyland Park
Saving Money at Disneyland
🎄