Lucy (Mixed Breed)

Lucy is 7-8 years old. She is a mixed breed. Lucy was a rescue from a no-kill shelter, where she had been awaiting adoption for 6 months before we found her in February 2005. We had searched nearly every shelter in the area until we found her. Lucy likes to swim and play catch most of all. She loves to play with her doggy aunt, a one year old Westie named Mandy.

We adopted Lucy so our male dog, Harley, would have a playmate. Harley thought he was a lapdog and had to be next to me at all times, however, when given the chance, he would run. Lucy would follow Harley on his adventures, and the last time he ran away, he was hit and killed by a car. Lucy witnessed the accident, most likely, and I feel that she was traumatized substantially from it, and she misses her best friend a lot, just as I do. Hopefully she is enjoying the attention that we are able to give her now that Harley would never allow to happen before!

Lucy has 4 human brothers, ages 10, 6 and 3 year old twins, so she lives in a very chaotic home! Lucy and I (her human mom) really enjoy the quiet time in the mornings when all 4 boys are at school! I am so glad that I am not the only female in the house!

By Nancy from Cleveland, OH