Small, White Bug Bites

My son is 2 and he is getting bitten by something that is in the house. The bites are small white lumps under the skin on his hands and feet. What could the bug be?

By Mirandy

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Jenny 2 27 04/06/2009

Seek medical help for your child.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Heidi 1 1 04/06/2009

He's probably got hand foot and mouth disease. Not like the horse hoof and mouth disease. It causes small tender blister-like spots. It is a virus and clears up on its own but can get serious. I suggest googleing it to get more info and if you are really worried call your doctor.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Nicole 04/11/2009

Could be hives, too. If he is typically bare-footed and the hands and feet are exposed, he could be allergic to something that is in contact with the skin. Otherwise, maybe fleas. You do not have to have pets to have fleas in your home. They can be transmitted by humans into the house. If he is really itchy, try an oatmeal bath or give him some Benadryl or other childrens' antihystimine. I have 6 kids and trust me, we have been through everything!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Sally 16 225 04/13/2009

(Submitted via email)

I was bitten by a Lady Bug x2 and yes it was a Lady Bug! It was red with black spots! Now I just wanted to inform you that it was a Lady Bug and I had an allergic reaction to it! It swelled up like a knot, made a bruise, throat was trying to close up and a bad taste in my mouth. I was bitten on my arm and back. When I have an reaction I have a reaction! Barbara

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No