Small, White Bug Bites

My son is 2 and he is getting bitten by something that is in the house. The bites are small white lumps under the skin on his hands and feet. What could the bug be?

By Mirandy

Showing: Answers Sort

By Jenny 2 27 Flag

Seek medical help for your child.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Heidi 1 1 Flag

He's probably got hand foot and mouth disease. Not like the horse hoof and mouth disease. It causes small tender blister-like spots. It is a virus and clears up on its own but can get serious. I suggest googleing it to get more info and if you are really worried call your doctor.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Nicole 7 Flag

Could be hives, too. If he is typically bare-footed and the hands and feet are exposed, he could be allergic to something that is in contact with the skin. Otherwise, maybe fleas. You do not have to have pets to have fleas in your home. They can be transmitted by humans into the house. If he is really itchy, try an oatmeal bath or give him some Benadryl or other childrens' antihystimine. I have 6 kids and trust me, we have been through everything!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sally 16 222 Flag

(Submitted via email)

I was bitten by a Lady Bug x2 and yes it was a Lady Bug! It was red with black spots! Now I just wanted to inform you that it was a Lady Bug and I had an allergic reaction to it! It swelled up like a knot, made a bruise, throat was trying to close up and a bad taste in my mouth. I was bitten on my arm and back. When I have an reaction I have a reaction! Barbara

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Consumer Advice General AdviceApril 6, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Ladybug on a blade of grass
Lady Bug Photos and Information
lady bug cupcakes
Bug Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Mosquito Bites
Treating Insect Bites and Stings
Chigger on Leaf
Remedies for Chigger Bites
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 8:16:02 AM on 10.0.0.168 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings