Removing Label Glue from Plastic Bowls

I still can't get the label glue off the plastic bowls that I just bought.

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

A product called GOO GONE will remove sticky and difficult labels and even gum. It has a citrus odor, is nontoxic and works well. You can find GOO GONE in most department grocery stores.

There's a product called GOO GONE that is nontoxic and has a citrusy odor that removes sticky back labels and other things. You can find this product at WalMart and most grocery stores.

Hi Debby! I just use peanut butter and leave it on several hours (usually over night). Then I wipe it off and wash it with regular dish soap and water. Works ever time for me. Hope this helps.

Try rubbing some vegetable oil over the label and it should come off easy.

Try spraying with cooking spray, letting set for at least 1/2 hour, and then wiping or scrubbing off the residue. Works for me every time.

I find that WD-40 is the best at removing any glued labels.

I also use Goo Gone or Citri Solutions, which smells so good!

I use liquid hand sanitizer on labels - rub it on, take a sponge or a knife or scraper and scrape off! I use it at school to remove labels from plastic boxes, filing cabinets, etc.

Thank you all, I didn't specify that the label is already off, after a round in the dishwasher the glue is still on. I will try using one or as many ideas until the glue is off.

""OFF GLUE""

Soak some cotton wool in Eucalyptus oil, then rub the glue until it has dissolved. Wash the item in soapy water when glue is off. This works for the glue on every label I have encountered. No need to scrape.

Regards,

Brenda from Oz

Avon Skin So Soft will take "sticky stuff" off most everything. Soak a paper towel with it and lay on the residue for a while, checking from time to time and adding more, if it dries. It should disintegrate. Then you can wash it with soapy water, rinse and dry.

Peanut butter, any vegetable oil, nail polish remover (only if it's hard plastic, don't use on soft plastics), and Goo Gone. I think they use that goopy glue on purpose, to keep theft down.

I like your heart shirt. If you tie-dyed it yourself, I hope you'll share the instructions with us.

Use a hair dryer to heat the glue and then wipe off.

Thank You Luvyabye and Jantoo. The peanut butter worked puuur-fect for me!

Answer

Pill Bottles on White Background
Removing Labels from Plastic Containers
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousSeptember 11, 2007
Waffle Bowls
Purchasing Ready Made Waffle Bowls
Making Fabric Bowls
Making Fabric Bowls
Bean Soup in Bread Bowl
Using Bread Bowls
Wood Salad Bowl
Caring For Wood Salad Bowls
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 29, 2016 at 7:07:23 PM on 10.0.0.53 in 475 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.