Handmade Mulberry Paper Card
Quick & Easy
- - 1 8.5 x 11 Yellow Mulberry Kozo Paper (heavier Mulberry paper)
- - 1 12 x 12 Wheat Vellum
- - Gold Thread
- - Picture (photo or scanned)
- - Trim unwanted portion of picture off (use it all if you like :-)
- - Fold Mulberry Paper in half
- - Cut a piece of vellum 10 x 7.5"
- - Cut another piece of vellum 3.75 x 4.5" (or the right size to matte your picture & greeting)
- - Print poem or message for inside of card on right half of large vellum (cut a piece of white paper 10 x 7.5" and test print on it first :-)
- - Fold vellum in half
- - Print message or greeting on small vellum for front of card the same way
- - Set folded vellum inside handmade paper.
- - Put gold thread on a needle & sew a large 'stitch' through vellum & handmade paper on the fold to hold them together. Start at outside so you can tie the gold thread on the outside of the card. You can also sew a small stitch starting at the inside in the top corners of the vellum if you like (tie on inside). Alternatively vellum can be glued in place.
Make sure you choose an adhesive that won't show through the vellum.
- - Glue small piece of vellum to the front of the card. Use a glue
stick or glue that won't show through the vellum. Glue picture on
the vellum below the message.
VARIATIONS: There is an endless variety of cards you can make
this way by using different mulberry papers and vellums.
- - add stickers or other embellishments
- - substitute stickers or embellishments for the picture
- - have the vellum insert just on the right side of the card
- - cut the mulberry paper in half for a smaller card.
- - use cardstock instead of handmade paper
About The Author:
Visit Wendy's website - www.CanadianCountryGifts.com
Sign up for her free biweekly newsletter by sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with `sub' as the subject.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 17, 2017 at 8:14:49 PM on 10.0.2.89 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us