Reusing Ice Cream Containers

For bag handles, I cut out handles out of ice cream lids, then I wind ribbon, fabric strip, or even string around handles for a individual look. A lot cheaper than buying new. I also make windchimes out of plastic lids. I draw around cookie cutters, add fishing line and a stick to hang from with small bells at the bottom ends.

By Glenda from Queensland, Australia

5 gallon plastic ice cream containers are great for storing dry goods. Just make sure to clean them well.

WE use ice cream containers to hold a variety of items. For example: dog treats, daughter's swimsuits, crayons, markers, flour, cornmeal, sugar, cleaning supplies, cleaning rags, cat food, son's little "men", little toy cars, etc. They are WONDERFUL because they are stackable, easy to carry, cheaply and easily replaced!!

The latest ice cream pkgs/tubs like from Blue Bunny which are made of heavier durable plastic and which holds a tad under two quarts (you know, same price as before but hold smaller quantity)... are perfect for storing the two pound boxes of various kinds of flour from HogsdonMills.com. The box front is taped onto the oblong ice cream container so contents can be found quickly... any recipes from other parts of the box are stored inside. Usually my grocers carry most choices from this brand but i like to shop online for the others. No, i'm not an employee just a satisfied customer.

Their recipe for soy milk, on the outside of their soy flour box, tastes great! Following the directions, vanilla extract is added; since i'm on a diabetic-control diet, the sugar is replaced by Sweet 'n Low.

So far, the tubs have also held a quart-sized or double-sized recipe for homemade diet chocolate pudding and still looking for more suggestions on how to recycle them.

I use the 4 quart ice cream tubs that I get for carrying around cleaning solution as I clean house. The lid fits tightly on it so I don't have to worry about spills as I go from room to room.

Another use I find it perfect for them is to take them outside when it's time to wash and refill my hummingbird feeders. I take 2 tubs with me. One with soapy water and one with clean water for rinsing. Makes it so much easier to clean the feeders outdoors and not have the nectar in the house.

Crafts Using Ice Cream Containers
Better Living Green Living RecyclingAugust 23, 2006
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Snow Ice Cream
Snow Ice Cream Recipes
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
🎉
🎄