Removing Age Stain From Silk

I think there is an age stain on a pure silk blouse. I've tried soaking in napisan but the stain has spread (a friend gave the blouse to me so that's why I'm not 100% sure about the stain - it's rust coloured!)

Esther from Australia

I know two ways to get rid of stains.

1. Clean the whole thing and hope the spot goes away. With silk I'd hand wash with cheap hair shampoo (the kind that doesn't leave a thin layer of "strengthening" stuff on the hair, like some more expensive brands do).

2. Dye it. Instead of changing the colour of the spot itself to match the colour of the rest of the garment, why not change the colour of the rest of the garment to a colour that "hides" the spot. For example, a red spot on a black fabric won't show.

Use the concontion for the baby quilt or

put lemon juice and then salt on it and set in the sun. You might have to reapply to the stain as the day goes on. Leave all day. I am not sure about something colored, but it works well on white/off white

Golden silk fabric
Cleaning Silk
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryAugust 19, 2007
A woman putting on nail polish.
Removing Nail Polish Stains From Silk
A green salad with Italian dressing on it.
Removing Salad Dressing Stains From Silk
Silk Upholstery
Removing Stains from Silk Upholstery
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 9:20:12 AM on 10.0.2.237 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.