Dance ThemesSchool

Ideas for a "Black Out" High School Dance

I am a senior in high school and I am on student council. I am in charge of planing our 1st school dance and I want to make it really fun because we don't have a good history of attendance. The theme is "Black Out" and everything is going to be black and dark. Any ideas on anything to add or sell? Please Help! Thanks!

Allison

Those mini or not-so-mini glow sticks, necklaces, etc. might go nicely with the black out theme; although they are not black, they go nicely with it!

Consider decorating part of the party area with neon colors & a few black lights? for contrast.

I am the Student Body Secretary/Treasurer at my school. We are also planning our Homecoming Dance to be a "Black Out" sort-of theme. In addition to the glow sticks and neon lights, we also are getting some white fabric and draping it on trees and then have spotlights with black-light bulbs in them. We also bought a ton of those glow-in-the-dark stars to hang everywhere and put on the walls and stuff. Umm... good luck with your dance and I hope it works out! :)

hey we did the "black out" theme for our highschool dance. we had really low attendance and this made records! we closed off the cafeteria with tall black tarps and splattered glow in the dark paint all over them. then, we set black lights everywhere. it looked awesome and everyone had fun and stills talks about it! give hi-liters to everyone and it glows in the dark and it's a blast, have fun and and good luck!!

Hey, our schools doing a Black Out theme next year for homecoming! I was wondering it any of you knew what type of theme we should use for floats and banners since we're doing Black Out. Should we do themes related to movies or books or something??? I would love your ideas thanks :) !!!

I am a sophomore in Student council and we are thinking of ideas for a girl ask guy dance but we aren't sure what to do. Does anyone have any ideas? I also need to find a place to hold it in Arizona. thanks.

hey i need help!! i have that theme this year and i have no iead what to do for a float!

This isn't exactly about dance themes, but I might as well. For those of you who have been reading my posts, I switched my username from RivMMTaylor to Acid Rain. This helps me avoid unwanted attention from certain people. doubt they are on this site, but you never know. THX!!

you should have black lights put around certain parts of the dance hall.

black lights. and hang white tulle the material that goes under poodle skirts, all over the place in strips so that the black lights reflect off of it

You should put black lights everywhere, but advise the kids 2 where all dark stuff...."DIRTY IN DA DARK!!"

we have had this theme before at my highschool... what we did is put the long black paper all over the walls. and had someone who is good at graffiti/tagging... paint it with paint that glows... we gave out glow sticks and put out fog machines. it waz a HIT!

Maybe you could get a strobe light just for some cool effect.

If it's a black out have it in the cafeteria and split it into two. One side all black with black lights lining one of the side walls, the other side have tables for sitting and the munchies and some type of other game, like a dance contest or wii

Just remember that if you use the glow sticks, some people like to break them and throw them around at people. I have also heard that if you use the blacklights, certain attire can be see through but I am not sure of it. Have a blast!

I think that everything should be black like you have it but have the kids come in bright colors that will be really cool because it will be black and dark but when the lights are going out and over everyone it will look really cool.

Have a contest to see what people can make out of glow sticks. See what local businesses will donate for prizes. we bought a cool fireworks light on e-bay for 30.00 It worked great. Also,check out mushroom light.

You can have strobe lights too. Flashing so it looks like everything is in slow motion.

I would definitely do some types of glow sticks or glow necklaces. Or if you have ever heard of mixing water with highlighters and then putting it in bottles, that looks really really cool! Have a variety of music that is easy to dance to! Too much techno or too much rap and people get discouraged from dancing!

My Junior class recently had the "Day in the Dark" theme for homecoming this year. All we really did was hang up black paper on the walls, floor, and lockers. Then we splattered them with neon like Pink, Orange, Green, and Yellow on them. Then we also had a large black tarp hung up, with black paper to drape and darken the hall. With black lights, techno, and fog machines it was great.

Oh my! That sounds like a blast! I wish my school did that! W have the big MTV Much Music Video Screens that puts like the latest music and music videos through it . It's great! Also have the strobe lights. Hmm. Thanks a lot. This helped me out. Maybe I can get the principal to approve of a black out theme. Cause well. It's the same every time and it's annoying, but I love them anyway! Strobe lights, Neon Colors, Black walls. It could really be a great dance! Thanks a million!

Where do you get the black lights and how many of them should you get?