Browsing: Getting Rid of Fleas on Kittens

Kittens With Fleas

My kittens are 2 days old and are infested with fleas. What can I do to get rid of the fleas?

By Natalie

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Hello,

This can be deadly to your new babies, as fleas can suck their blood out. Please give them a bath, (watch their eyes) and use a flea comb. Please change their sleeping blankets & etc. What about the mother?

The truth is you may bathe the kittens in dawn dish detergent (the original blue one only). This will kill what is already on them. Give them a good brushing to free them from the dead ones, since they will probably end up eating them and that isn't good for them.

The next step is to rid the house of what might be eggs or larvae. You can spray distilled white vinegar all over the house. It is not fragrant but it works great. The smell of the vinegar will disappear in a day or so. I have older cats and I saturate a wash cloth with vinegar as well and wipe them down ears to toes, instantly the fleas die. I brush them a bit and they're as good as new! They also love the attention although chasing them for the vinegar rub (I have 5) is quite funny lol.

You must get rid of their favorite bedding or wash those items in the hottest water possible, but it's worth replacing for the sake of your pets. Be blessed and thank you thrifty fun friends for all the great advice in the past.

Also, I put two or three drops of apple cider vinegar in their wet food every day. This is great for maintaining flea free cats. Good luck with the kittens, they're wonderful and such a joy to have.

For the gal on disability who adopts cats, God bless you. People can judge but you are giving a loving home to the homeless. Keep finding tips here on thriftyfun.com and you will be able to care for those cats with minimal money to be spent. Vet's tend to overcharge anyway. Be blessed!

Be sure to change their bedding daily to reduce the flea eggs from hatching and getting on thd kittens. Try not to handle them until they at least 2 wks old. I am also going through the same thing. Mine are 3 wks old. I kept the fleas off until now changing their bedding. Now that they older im going to try dawn with vinagar. Ive noticed dawn dont kill all the fleas. So im using vinagar as a boost

On new kittens be sure to change their bedding daily. Handle them as little as u can so mom dont reject them. Fleas eggs will get on their bedding and hatch. Changing it daily helps a great deal

June 9, 2009 Flag

How can I get fleas off of a 4 week old kitten? I have already tried Dawn.

By here kitty kitty from Helotes, TX

Answers:

Kittens With Fleas

Give the kitten a bath with Dawn dishwashing liquid. Start at the face and ears and work towards the back of the body. Leave the soap on a few minutes before rinsing. (05/15/2009)

By Anonymous

Kittens With Fleas

Wondercide works for me. www.wondercide.com (05/19/2009)

By Rachelita

Kittens With Fleas

A vet told me one time when I had the same problem to go get some kitten flea spray. Spray it on a washcloth and put the kitty in the washcloth and rub the little rascal. Watch out for the eyes! I run the washcloth around the neck and top of head so the fleas don't go on the face where you can't get them. Do all the kittens like that. Puppies can be done that way, too. (05/22/2009)

By sassier299

Kittens With Fleas

If the kittens have fleas, then they are in your house. Oil of American Cedar Leaf is what I've used for years with great success. It is a bit costly, and you put 2-3 drops on pieces of brown bag in every corner of EVERY room in your home. Within a week, all fleas were gone. You can get this at LoRann Oils at www.lorannoils.com/. I bought a bottle 3 years ago and still have a bit over half the bottle left. After fleas have gone, put a couple of drops on the brown paper every week for a 'flea free' home. Make sure it is cedar leaf and American. (05/22/2009)

By JoanDogs

July 19, 2010 Flag

We have 3 adorable 4 month old kittens that we have raised since birth, I have been finding a lot of fleas on them. Does anyone have a cheap and working remedy? Thank you.

By lisa45764 from Nelsonville, OH

Answers:

Kittens With Fleas

Get a flea comb. There is only a little space between the teeth, so you can comb the fleas out. Put a bowl of hot water with a couple drops of detergent in it right by your hand. Comb the kitten and dip the comb in the water to wash off the fleas. You have to keep on doing it every day until you've killed all the fleas. Wash any bedding.

I have only done it with one kitten at a time, so I don't know. The easiest way would be to separate them and isolate the flea bearing one(s) until all the fleas are gone. This is time intensive, but you can listen to the radio or other audio while you're doing it. It may take a week, but you won't be poisoning the kittens before their systems can handle the flea poison in sprays or powders. Good luck (and when I did it, I only had to do it once when I combed them every couple of weeks [indoor cat]). (09/05/2009)

By tennesue

Kittens With Fleas

Get some Skin So Soft from Avon and mix with water. You can bath them daily. The oil in the Skin So Soft will kill the flea, but it won't hurt the kittens' tender skin. I've had to use it many a time on kittens and puppies and it works. (09/07/2009)

By Debbyann

September 4, 2009 Flag

I have 5 kittens that are a week old today. I noticed that they are covered in fleas and have no idea how to get rid of them.

July 22, 2009 Flag

I am looking for an easy non-aggressive way to get rid of fleas on two day old kittens. Please help.

June 10, 2009 Flag

I have one week old kittens, 2 dogs, and 2 adult cats. I know how to get rid of the fleas that the older animals have, but the poor kittens are covered in fleas.

May 15, 2009 Flag

I have 3 kittens. They are only a week old today today. What can I do to get rid of the fleas that they have?

August 1, 2008 Flag

I have 4 day old kittens with fleas. How can I treat them?

July 23, 2005 Flag

I need some home remedies and ideas for how to get rid of fleas on small kittens.

August 4, 2004 Flag

ust found 2 orphaned 4 week old kitties-house and other cats now flea infested.

kitten with fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas on Kittens
Pets CatsJuly 19, 2010
A cat scratching itself because it has fleas.
Treating a Cat With Fleas
A wall with fleas in it.
Fleas Inside of Walls
french bulldog puppy
Treating Fleas on a Puppy
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 24, 2016 at 12:04:47 PM on 10.0.0.124 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.