Brown Gravy With Your Roast

When making a roast, place dry onion soup mix in the bottom of your roaster pan. After removing the roast, add 1 can of mushroom soup and you will have a good brown gravy.

By Peggy

I took your advice one step further. I have been adding onion soup mix to my roasts and soups for years , but I didn't think of the mushroom soup untill I was making my turkey soup and read your tip. I added it to my turkey broth and a handful of dry soup vegitables it, turned out great.

the dry soup is beans, barley .rice . peas,etc comes in a package thanks again. I even froze some for when it is really cold and I need a quick soup. Susan

Yes onion soup mix tastes good. But did you know that actually one of the main ingredients is MSG? MSG is really bad for you (causes migraines, blood pressure issues, obesity, linked to nervous diseases, etc). MSG can be hidden under many names and in many ingredients as a subcomponent. Just because MSG is not written on the ingredients doesn't mean that is not in there (check out: - NOTE: not my website, just a link). I suffered terrible migraines for years, until I stopped eatting MSG.

Instead of onion soup mix try: one sliced fresh onion, a can of tomato puree/sauce (100% tomato type) some paprika, garlic, sea salt and pepper. When you roast is done, thicken the juices with a flour/canola oil paste, season with dried onion/onion powder if desired. Will be as cheap and much better for you!

Best wishes.

Photo of brown gravy on a turkey sandwich.
Homemade Brown Gravy Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatOctober 16, 2004
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Steak With Gravy
Steak and Gravy Recipes
Dogwood tree in spring.
Leaves Turning Brown on Dogwood Tree