Watch For Bargain Hair Color

If you are getting lots of grey hair like me, it gets expensive to get your hair colored. I quit the salons long ago, due to health and financial reasons. I was buying the $3 hair color from Dollar General. A few weeks ago, I happened onto a hair color for blondes for only $1, the every day price at Save a Lot. I don't remember the brand name. This blonde works for me because I am brunette with moderate grey hair, and all it did was lighten my hair and cover the grey. Simple to use and my hair is just fine. I didn't know if it was a fluke them carrying it, but it must be something they carry all the time because I saw it again the other day.

By Lori from Marion, AR

Because my hair is short I can use half the hair color at a time so I get two uses from each box. The product that I use comes in two separate containers and you must mix the two into the applicator bottle. Just save the applicator bottle when you color your hair and wash it out. The next time you color only use half of the product and mix it in your recycled applicator bottle. Of course, this only works for ladies with short hair that don't need as much of the colorant.

I've never tried stretching the hair color and wear mine short. It says that you can't save it and always wondered about that!

A person coloring their hair.
Saving Money on Coloring Your Hair
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringJune 22, 2006
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch