What Breed is My Dog?

What breed is this dog?

By proud_dog from OK

Jack Russel, dachshund mix, got one but mine is all black and has a little bit longer ears, great pets but lots of attitude.

Hi,

Your pet looks like a mix of the mini breed of Doberman Pincher with it's black and tan coloration, and the body certainly looks like a Dachshund. I would expect a very loyal and smart dog.Hey, it looks like it's parents feel in love heat and out came the mix you have, ha ha ha.

Your dog looks a lot like mine. We thought ours was a Beagle-German Shepherd-black lab mix. We got her from a shelter who told us she was a Beagle mix. WRONG! It was driving us crazy. We ended up doing a DNA test. Our dog turned out to have none of these breeds in her. She is up to 50% Cocker Spaniel, next most is Dachshund, then up to 10% both Chihuahua and 10% Dalmatian. She is the shape and size of a Cocker, but looks like a long legged Dachshund with the markings like your dog. She is mostly black with tan markings underneath and the tan above the eyes and some white across her chest in the shape of a T. She acts like a hunting type dog, with a loving gentle nature of a Cocker Spaniel.

Beyond our curiosity, we felt it was important to know, so we could be on the lookout for potential breed susceptible type illnesses.

I agree with the post that said Jack Russell terrier and obviously Dachshund. But, we were wrong on our guessing before on our own dog. I can sure empathize with your desire to know.

Good luck,

jholl

Maybe Corgi in there as well.

He resembles a few dogs we've had. Maybe Manchester Terrier, dachshund, ? My mom had one like him named Charlie Brown. His ears stuck straight up! She asked one vet what kind he was (she had bought him as a Chihuahua!) The vet said, "You have a nice little long-eared dog".

German sheppard and Corgi Welsh!

Looks doberman-ish (they come in all sizes from small to very large so don't go by size).

The blood tests for dogs, I have heard, can only go back to the grandparents.

I think it is a Lancashire Heeler, which is a cross between a Jack Russell terrier and a Welsh Corgi. I just adopted an 8 year old of this breed and she looks just like your dog. You can learn more about the breed on Lancashireheeler.org and there is another website as well. Just google Lancashire heeler and you will find it!

Could be a miniature pincher mixed with a dachshund. OR she's a Jack Russel Type. not really a recognized breed but they are shorter than a Jack Russell terrier.

mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Pets Dogs AdviceJuly 6, 2009
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Cat
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
🎄