Ming's Master Cookie Dough

I watched the 'Cooking with Ming' yesterday and was hoping that someone has the recipe for his 'Master Cookie Dough. It looked wonderful, but while I was trying to copy down the ingredients, I missed the amount of butter he used. It was a very versitile basic cookie recipe that can then be used to make sweet and savoury cookies. I'd be grateful for any help.

Cheers,
Wendy from Hervey Bay, Australia

I went to ming.com and could not find this for you.

You can find this recipe at this site:http://audreymagazine.com/February2005/Kitchen.asp

Makes 4 logs 10 inches long by 1 1/4 inches in diameter

Lasts 2 weeks, frozen

1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature

1 1/3 cups sugar

2 teaspoons kosher salt

3 egg yolks

2 tablespoons vanilla extract

Interior scrapings of 1/2 split vanilla bean, preferably Tahitian

3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1. In the bowl of a mixer, combine the butter, sugar, and salt and cream on medium speed until blended, about 2 minutes. One by one, add the egg yolks, mixing until incorporated. Add the vanilla extract and the scrapings of the vanilla bean. Scrape down the bowl.

2. Turn the mixer off and add the flour. Turn the machine to low and mix until the flour is completely incorporated. Remove the dough from the bowl. Working on parchment or wax paper, form the dough into 4 logs 10 inches long and 1 1/4 inches in diameter, wrap, and chill.

Thank you for all this information & recipe for ming's Cookie Dough. I have stored it in my electronic cooking book ..... & look forward to making up some of his recipes.

Thank you also for the web link. It's a great resource!

Cheers

Wendy

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CookiesJanuary 1, 2007
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Man Kneading Pizza Dough
Freezing Pizza Dough
Ninja Master Prep
Using a Ninja Master Prep
Ninja Prep Master Pro
Recipes for the Ninja Prep Master Pro
🎄