How can I remove wax build up on vinyl flooring?

Puzzled from Illinois

Best Answer

Open doors and windows and remove plants, then pour on pure ammonia and turn a floor polisher, with a sealed underside, loose on the floor and mop up the gunk. Works wonderfully.

My brother used to be in the navy and told me that they scrub the deck with floor polishers as long as the motor isn't exposed on the bottom.

Editor's Note: Ammonia will remove wax but the fumes are very strong. Make sure you have doors and windows open and good ventilation while it is sitting.

Best Answer

Ammonia is what you use as Seamstress said. However, spread it on a section of the floor liberally, just pour some on and spread it, walk off for about 20 minutes and come back. It'll wipe right up. I used to own my own cleaning business and I've taken years and years of wax off this way.

I use ammonia to remove wax build up. It works mix according to directions . Don't mix to strong for it is hard to breathe if you do. Good luck!

What quantity of ammonia do you mix with what quantity of water?

AWESOME, a former TV infomercial product, can be purchased at the dollar store here. You mix it one part Awesome to 10 parts water, I believe, but it that doesn't do it, try 5 parts water. It really is AWESOME stuff and the price sure is right!! I've found many, many uses for it.

Removing Wax Buildup on Floors
Removing Wax Buildup on Floors
Home and Garden Home Improvement FlooringSeptember 23, 2006
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
Vinyl Flooring
Removing Rust Stains from Vinyl Flooring
Bathroom with vinyl flooring.
Removing Stains on Vinyl and Linoleum Flooring
🎉
🎄