Older Dwarf Lemon Trees No Longer Produce Fruit

I have two dwarf lemon trees. I had three originally, but one was removed three years ago. The age is undetermined, but greater than 40 years. Originally they had copious fruit, but not after third tree was removed. I tried fertilizer and mulch to no avail. Also, there was a spell of dying back, and paleness of leaves. The leaf coloration is better, and growth is occurring, but still no fruit. Is there a life span to these dwarf lemons? Recommendations?

By Michael from Oakland, CA

Since they quit producing when one was cut down, I assume that lemon trees require a male and female tree before they will produce fruit. It is something you might want to check into.

Yes, there are male and female trees of all species. Ask at a tree nursery how to tell if you have 2 of the same sex...you may have to replace the removed tree in order to get fruit.

Home and Garden Gardening Fruit TreesJuly 25, 2010
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
Cottonwood Tree
Getting Rid of Cottonwood Roots
Up close photo of a Mimosa tree.
Growing Mimosa Trees
🎉
🎄