Looking for BBQ Chicken Sandwich Recipe

Howdy, I am a college student, looking for a good bbq recipe for bbq chicken sandwiches.

Thanks

Dan_wsu

Hi, I used to work at a convenience store that cooked and sold fried chicken. What chicken that hadn't sold before the time deadline got pulled off the bone and frozen. When we'd have several bags of the frozen chicken, we'd put in a crockpot & when it got defrosted, we'd pour BBQ sauce over it. Let it simmer. Any sauce will do, just use you favorite. Once hot, we'd fix up BBQ chicken sandwiches and top with dill pickles (wrapped separately, as they'd make the sandwich more soggy). We sold alot of these sandwiches. I now fix BBQ chicken sandwiches, this way. I've told more people about this recipe, that had never thought of doing this. I hope this is what you were looking for.

I don't really have a recipe but you could either boil a whole chicken, then pick off all the meat and put back into the pan and add a couple bottles of your favorite bbq sauce. Or you could use a slow cooker and do the same thing. I use this on pork and chicken very easy and cheap.

Ok, it took me a bit to find some recipes. There are so many different things you can do. Not everyone wants to do it the "hard way", but sometimes I like to make it all from scratch to try something new. I have not tried these recipes, but they look so good.

Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches

4 lbs. skinless boneless chicken breast

2 15 oz. cans chopped tomatoes

2 med. onions, chopped

1 c. water, if needed

1/2 tsp. chili powder

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

1 c. ketchup

1/2 c. cider vinegar

1/3 c. Worcestershire Sauce

4 cloves garlic, minced

1/8 tsp. Tobasco Sauce

Combine all ingredients in a crockpot. Coer; cook on low for 5-6 hours on high 2-3 hours. Shred chicken with forks and mix. Mixture will be thick, add water if needed. Serve on buns.

Maple Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 c. ketchup

1/2 c. maple flavored syrup (another recipe I saw similar to this one added molasses to it)

2 Tbsp. yellow mustard

2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce

2 tsp. lemon juice

1/2 to 1 tsp. chili powder

1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Combine everything but the chicken in a bowl and stir, then set aside.

Place chicken in crock pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the prepared sauce over the top. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.

When ready to serve, remove and shred chicken. Put chicken back in with sauce. Serve on buns.

**You can add diced bell pepper or onion to this as well. Whatever your taste desires.

Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches

2 Tbsp. rice vinegar

1 Tbsp. mayonnaise

1 Tbsp. sugar

1/4 tsp. Tobasco Sauce

1/4 tsp. salt

2 c. shredded cole slaw mix from 16 oz. bag

1/2 c. shredded carrots

1/2 c. thinly sliced red onion

2 Tbsp. cilantro leaves

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

1/2 c. spicy barbecue sauce, divided

4 hamburger buns

In med. bowl, combine first nine ingredients and stir. Set aside.

Gently pound chicken to flatten slightly. Spread top of each breast half with 1 tsp. barbecue sauce, and broil 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.

Tear chicken into shreds with two forks by skewering with one and pulling the other. Heat shredded chicken with remaining barbecue sauce. Serve on buns.

Add barbecue sauce to top and/or add coleslaw to your sandwich. Or just have coleslaw on the side.

Tonight I decided to make sloppy joes and pretty much used the Maple Barbecue Chicken Sandwich recipe listed below.

We have a large family, so I doubled most of everything. I used hamburger in place of chicken and in place of the ketchup I used one can of tomato sauce and two cans of tomato paste with one of those paste cans filled with water. I also added diced onion to the recipe. It was very good!

Poach/Boil 4-6 boneless chicken breasts, or tenders, which ever is on sale. Pull chicken apart using two forks. Take mound of shredded chicken and put into a sauce pan. Use your favorite BBQ Sauce, mine is Kraft Hickory Smoke, and coat chicken, it will soak up alot, so be generous. Bring to a simmer. Add your favortie spices, like onion, or chili powder. Spoon out mixture on top of your choice of bun. Top with cheddar cheese.Serve with a side. This works well with any side dish, mac and cheese, chips, fries, potato salad. Great for a leftover lunch!! Easy, Cheap and Delicious. This recipie is from a gourmet cafe in my hometown. Upscale eating for fraction of a cost.

Chicken Sandwich on White Background
Chicken Sandwich Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes BBQ & GrillMay 4, 2004
BBQ Chicken Pizza
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipes
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Serving bbq ribs to a large group.
Making BBQ for a Large Group
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎉
🎄