A Cure for Hiccups?

To get rid of hiccups, get a glass of water, or something to drink, and put a straw in it. Hold your head down with chin on chest, hold your breath, drink, and count to ten. Don't breathe in between sips. When you are done, your hiccups will be gone.

Source: My sister who passed away some years ago. She was a wonderful sister, and I miss her every day.

By Cheri from Austell, GA

This works every time for me. Water in a glass with a paper towel covering half of the opening, drink through the paper towel. Sipping the water as it comes through the towel. Yes hold onto the towel. It usually only takes 4-5 sips and the hiccups are gone. I have no idea why this works, but it has for many years. A young co-worker

(Raylene) told me her mom told her about it. GG Vi

A friend at work told me to hold the back of a spoon with light med pressure on my temple. Works every time for me. I know it sounds odd but works every time and its such a simple solution. I wish I knew why it works. Let me know if its been helpful to you.

Strangely enough, what works for me is Lamaze breathing, you know, the breathing technique you'd learn in a natural-childbirth class. I think it's the concentration/focus that does it. Sometimes it takes as much as 30 minutes to work. Of course, it could also be the laughter at myself when a hiccup interrupts a Lamaze routine. :D

Man Covering His Mouth During a Hiccup
Remedies for Hiccups
Health & Beauty Home RemediesAugust 31, 2010
Preventing Colds and Flu, Woman with a Cold Blowing Her Nose
Preventing Colds and Flu
Pug with bandage leg.
Treating a Pet's Wound
🎉
🎄