Browsing: Making a Bumblebee Costume

Making Antennas for a Bumble Bee Costume

Does anyone know how I could make some antennas for a bumble bee costume for a toddler? Something that wouldn't really bother him to wear.

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

HOW ABOUT USING PIPE CLEANERS

If the costume has a hat/hood, get craft pipe cleaners and attach to it as is, or make antenna shapes out of felt, with a pipe cleaner inside each to stiffen it. Sew these to the costume. These pipe cleaners are available in craft stores /departments.

A hoodie sweatshirt is your best bet. You can even attach "bug eyes to the front of the hood and the antennae a little further back. Or a girls headband with pipecleaner antennae attached to it.

When my oldest daughter was in 2nd grade, I made her a ladybug costume for Halloween. For the antennae, I took a hard plastic headband, took 2 black pipe cleaners and wound each one around the headband (just enough to hold it on) and hot glued them on the bottom to hold, then took 2 black spongy clown nose balls, cut a little slit in each and put some glue on the free ends of the pipe cleaners , then inserted the ends into the slits.

Try the dollar store for the thingies that are on a head band that slips on the head-- then change them to bee looking.

that sounds goofy-- hope it makes sense...

You know the "look whos to" kind of thing--

When my son was a toddler,we lived in Vermont, so halloween was cold and I made hima a bumblebee outfit. I actually got a plain black winter hat and boutght large pom poms (yellow and black) and hot glued them to the hat and then continued to stack about 4-5 thereafter. They were cute because they bobbled around and because of the hat being a little tighter than usual it made them stand up pretty well and plus I kept his head warm! I have apicture somewhere if you'd like :-)

My daughter is going to be a bumble bee for Halloween this year and this is how were going to make the antennae:

Twist two pipe cleaners around two parts of a headband, then paint two of those small Styrofoam balls yellow, and stick one on each free end of the pipe cleaners. You may want to use hot glue to make sure they stay on.

If you're like me and you don't want to use pipe cleaners, you would rather use something that looked a lil bit more real, then do what I'm going to do. I'm going to buy thin, but strong, wire and if going to use a hat/hoodie, the wire is thin enough just to stick right though it and it won't make a hole. or if you're going to use a head band just wrap it around, and hot glue puff balls on them. Another reason you'll like wire better is because it's more durable and will stand up better then pipe cleaners.

Little Girl in Bumblebee Costume
Making a Bumblebee Costume
Crafts Halloween CostumesSeptember 4, 2006
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
Making a Batgirl Costume
Boy Behind Fence in Convict Costume
Making a Convict Costume
Bumble Bee on a flower.
Getting Rid of Underground Bumble Bee Nest
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 24, 2016 at 9:09:33 AM on 10.0.0.29 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.