Keep Saran Wrap In The Freezer

I put my Saran Wrap in the freezer and it never bunches up or sticks together. I had to laugh, because my husband thought I had lost my mind when I did this, but it works.

By Kkotts8 from Franklin Park, IL

February 18, 2011 Flag

To keep plastic wrap from sticking to itself, store it in the freezer. When unwrapped, it will not cling to itself and returns to room temperature in a matter of seconds.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

September 13, 2010 Flag

To keep cling wrap from tangling up, store it in the freezer until ready to use. No more tangles!

By cschatz

Answers:

Keep Saran Wrap In The Freezer

Freezing Saran Wrap never occurred to us. We just switched to Glad Press-n-Seal, which works much better for us. And we don't have to freeze it into submission. (07/10/2010)

By JustPlainJo

Keep Saran Wrap In The Freezer

Thank you very much for your good idea of putting it in the freezer! The Glad Press-n-Seal is too expensive and this way I can keep my cheaper wrap untangled! (07/10/2010)

By bpaddle

Keep Saran Wrap In The Freezer

I can never remember a time that Saran Wrap wasn't a problem. This is an awesome idea. Thanks so much. (07/10/2010)

By sierrasky

Keep Saran Wrap In The Freezer

Great idea. (07/14/2010)

By tahlula

July 9, 2010 Flag

We all know how frustrating getting a sheet of Saran paper out of the roll, having it tangled before you can put in on the object you have intended it for. Here is a great tip and it does work. Keep your Saran wrap or whatever kind of plastic wrap in your freezer! Take it out unroll what you need and, Voila!, it comes right off without crumbling up or sticking to itself. When you are done, don't forget to put it back in the freezer.

By Granylou98 from Upstate New York

Answers:

Keep Saran Wrap In The Freezer

That is ingenious! I will definitely try it. Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year. (01/03/2007)

By tedsmom

Keep Saran Wrap In The Freezer

WOW, what an awesome idea! Makes perfect sense. I hate it when the plastic wrap won't come off the roll too!

Thanks! (01/06/2007)

By kimmcg

Keep Saran Wrap In The Freezer

But does it stick to the bowl or item that you are using it for? Do you have to warm it up or something? If it doesn't stick when it comes out of the freezer, I dont' see it sticking to anything. (01/08/2007)

By Patti

Keep Saran Wrap In The Freezer

AAAHHHH This person MUST watch Rachael Ray. It was recently on her show and yes, it is safe and works !!!! (01/15/2007)

By Dianne

Roll of Plastic Wrap
Uses for Plastic Wrap
Organizing KitchenFebruary 18, 2011
Recycled Wrapping Paper
Recycled Wrapping Paper Ideas
Roll of Plastic Wrap
Storing Plastic Wrap
Homemade Hair Towel Wrap
Homemade Hair Towel Wrap
Chest Freezer
Chest Freezer Reviews
🎉
🎄