Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Longest Lasting Deodorant?

Does anyone know what form of deodorant/anti-perspirant is the cheapest or lasts the longest? Is it roll-on, spray aerosol, solid, gell? Any homemade forms?

Thanks in advance.
coolchinchilla

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By jessicalovesyou!02/21/2010

Certain Dri works great for me. I have the roll on but I don't really like that one because it's very watery and can run down your shirt when applying. Other than that, I could go even 3 days without applying. Mind you that this is only an antiperspirant so it is unscented and doesn't protect against odor. For odor, I just use Secret Original in Spring Breeze. It smells great and it's not overpowering.

By k w (Guest Post)02/24/2009

Vinegar helps me with B.O. After the bath I put some under my arms, then the deodorant. Good luck.

By Cynthia M (Guest Post)02/01/2009

I use Degree and it has never failed me yet! I found the others mentioned here like Suave, piddled out before I did. I remember one of my PE coaches told us girls once, women don't sweat, they perspire. Well this woman sweats like a pig! But I don't stink, thanks to Degree solid.

By ur mom (Guest Post)12/07/2008

i think baking soda would work the best!!!!
for 1.its thick an will absorb the sweat
its just wat i think

By Roxy (Guest Post)06/13/2008

I use Lady Speed Stick and that worked great for me, but lately I was beginning to not feel so clean and the lingering smell was always bothering me. So I bought the same make but in Orchid Blossom - for some reason that did not do anything for me. I felt more smelly, and it was leaving she smell on my clothes. So now I am in search for a good one, but I think I will buy couple and see what works- I was recommended Certain Dry. Let's hope that works!

By essa23 (Guest Post)03/28/2008

I hear that ban deodorant lasts a long time, but is more expensive.

By Angie05/29/2006

There is a deoderant you can buy from health food stores called Lavilin, it's imported from Isreal and will cost you 15 bucks or so but it works. You only apply it once a week, depending on your chemistry. I need to apply it about every four or five day's. It's in a small container and at first you'll think man I was ripped off but you use only a small amount and you only apply it at night. Hope this works for you it does for me and before I started using it I smelled like a goat.

By Treckin (Guest Post)03/07/2006

ADUH!! OLD SPICE BABY

By vy (Guest Post)05/28/2005

the powder ones leaves white residue the gel leave sticky clothes the spray is ok

By Suzi (Guest Post)04/11/2005

Okay I have a BO problem. NO comercial deodorant helps me. I end up smelling like perfume mixed with BO. I have searched long and hard and have discovered two products that work. I still sweat...I just don't smell...and I mean all day long. I can put my arm up without worry all day and when I get into bed I don't knock myself out!

1. Baking soda. I use this currently. My arms are wet after showering and I sprinkle a little under my arms. It is wonderful and inexpensive. (I found out about it in an internet search of 101 things to do with bakiing soda.)
2. The Crystal (A bit more expensive) Likewise this works wonderfully.

With each of these it took time for me to get used to. They don't feel silky like comercial deodorants but I decided getting rid of the smell was more important to me.

By Suzi (Guest Post)04/11/2005

By annabelle [1]02/15/2005

Herbal Deoderant
 11/2 tsp beeswax
 1/2 tsp. cocoa butter
 1 tb. coconut oil
 3 dps tea tree oil
 15 drops rosemary essential oil
 25 drops lavender essential oil
 3 drops castor oil
Directions
melt butter and oils and add bees wax, allow to cool slightly add essential oils. simple and it works

By TheKoreanJew (Guest Post)01/04/2005

i have the same problem, i am 14 and i sweat so bad and i think it smells and nothing helps... i also get stains on my clothing and it's embarassing...

By James (Guest Post)10/05/2004

I use an alum salt rock crystal. Where I live you can buy them very cheap at any pharmacy (just the raw rough crystal, not pre-cut or anything). They last forever and work extremely well if you use them right, but it is not an antiperspirant. After washing, wet the rock and rub on your underarm well. I am odorless all day no matter how much I sweat. I live in a hot and humid climate and do a lot of physical labour and am extremely smelly if I don't use a deodorant. The many disadvantage of this type of deo is that it's not as convenient to apply compared to commercial deos.

This is by far the cheapest deo that I know of. The next long-lasting (economical) after this is probably the solid stick type of deo.

By bonnie (Guest Post)10/05/2004

I always use dove, well i use dove from head to toe! its great, thats y theyve been around for so long.

By owenmohrbucks (Guest Post)10/03/2004

Ladies, I know that some commericals talk about deo. made for ladies because of the ph balance. All I know is that I buy men deo because it is cheaper and works just as well. I just buy one that is fragrance free. Oh, my screen name sounds like a guy but I am all WOMAN!

By Lori (Guest Post)10/03/2004

I also like the AVON deodorants, too. As with most liquid deodorants, though, as stated on the label (most of the time!), shake the bottle well before you use it. That's so the ingredients are mixed so it works well until it's gone. :)

By Paula W (Guest Post)07/22/2004

I have had good luck with the Suave antiperspirant sticks--my favorites are the raspberry and the pacific breeze...and these are the ones I go back to time and time again. But I also think that switching antiperspirants every now and then helps, too. I don't know why, but it seems that introducing something new, like my husband's right guard power stripe, or 24/7 speed stick works better for awhile...and then I go back to the Suave, or Avon (yes, I agree, Avon does have some good roll-ons and it's cheap on sale). Main thing with me is to use anti-perspirant as opposed to just deodorant, and to switch them out every now and then. Might just be my imagination, but the rotation method seems to help the effectiveness of each brand of antiperspirant...also makes it cheaper as I can get different brands on sale.

By sandy webber (Guest Post)07/21/2004

I use Suave stick antipersperant. It lasts a good while, I think I use 3-4 tubes a year. It is also fairly cheap.

By Ann (Guest Post)07/21/2004

I tried using solid salt crystal as a deodorant, didn't do diddly squat for me, I still sweated and stunk when I got hot. so I wouldn't recommend that one as the end all of deodorants!

By bb (Guest Post)07/20/2004

I always get Avon deoderant. It won't last as long as "Siren" 's suggestion but it is cheap and works great. There are a million different fragrances. And alot of times the bonus size is on sale - that's when I stock up!

By Siren07/20/2004

My husband uses the solid salt crystal form. A single 7.00$ stick will last him at least a year. I know Rite-Aid pharmacies carry it, but I am sure you could purchase it from any number of places (Walgreens, Walmart, etc.).