Make a Virtual Bouquet

For Valentine's Day, I cut out a decorative arrangement from a glossy magazine (in this case of feathers and ribbon with a cupid, actually) and then mounted it with spray adhesive on some cardboard I had saved. I then trimmed the cardboard to fit the cutout. (I made the edges feathery.)

To give it flash, I then touched up the cutout with a golden marker. Then I put it on one of those metal upright stands usually used for photos. Mine had a leaf design. The fact that it is in the air really gives it a life of its own. Voila! a virtual flower arrangement. Perfect for an office or to send in the mail. Cost? Labor + the photo stand. I got mine for $.69 on sale - but you may have some lying around the house you could use. (Mine also looked great when combined with the greeting card I had downloaded from the net!)

Source: Inspired by an idea from, I think, Isaac Mizrahi

By Pam from Los Angeles

What about using seeds and growing flowers to benefit the environment instead of purchasing cut flowers? Even buying a pretty perennial costs about the same as paper cut outs and will bloom year after year; thus being a far better value while helping the environment and cleaning the air in your home.

Can you upload a photo of your project?

Frugal Valentine's Day Gifts, Saving Money on Valentine's Day
Frugal Valentine's Day Gifts
Crafts Valentine's DayFebruary 19, 2009
pastel paper flowers
Making a Scrapbook Paper Flower Bouquet
Easter Candy Bouquet
Easter Candy Bouquet Ideas
Valentine's Day Candy Bouquet
Making a Valentine's Day Candy Bouquet
Bouquet of sunflowers.
Making a Sunflower Wedding Bouquet