Buying Mineral Makeup

I just placed an order for skin preparation and make up from Bare Escentuals. It is so expensive. Are there any other companies on line that are safe, have equal quality, and are less expensive?

By Mary from IA

Most discount stores, and drug stores sell some form of mineral make up now. The majority of them are made at the same factory as the ones that people consider high end. They are just packaged differently, in less fancy packages.

I use the mineral makeup made by Maybelline. I buy mine at Wal Mart for about $10. To make it last longer and go on more evenly, I mix it half & half with loose face powder. I apply it to my face with a small powder puff. This keeps the powder from falling on my clothes, the vanity, etc.

Check etsy.com (handmaking website), there are a good many sellers who make cosmetics, including mineral make-up.

I've used several brands of mineral makeup and prefer the Loreal brand, I use both the foundation and the blush.

I haven't used a lot of brands of Mineral Makeup, but the one that I have used is Avon and it isn't terribly expensive and I love it.

Well you do tend to get what you pay for with makeup in my experience, so a cheaper brand won't have exactly the same quality- however, I've heard wonderful things about ELF products, and they have a mineral makeup line on their website, I believe. The whole brand is unbelieveably well priced for what is reported as fantastic products.

October 29, 2010 Flag

I am interested in finding a good store, website, or eBay store for mineral makeup along with recommendations of the best brands. I have tried one of the drugstore brands and was not impressed. I have heard the better brands are of good quality. Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance.
Sarah from Mooresville, NC

Answers:

Buying Mineral Makeup

I personally use Bare Minerals and have for quite some time. I can't attest for any other brand, but I love the BM brand. My skin looks and feels so healthy, the makeup looks so natural on and I've gotten quite a few compliments on my skin. I purchased mine initially at the website bareminerals.com and put it on auto membership. It's not cheap, but I don't use it every day so it actually lasts me longer and I ended up spacing out my shipments to every 90 days. They always send a little something extra with each shipment too. Down south we call that lagniappe! (05/16/2006)

By mef1957

Buying Mineral Makeup

I have never used Bare Minerals, but friends who have tell me it's nothing special and certainly not worth the hefty price tag. I think there are Bare Minerals stores in some of the upscale malls. If you are considering this brand, I'd go in and try the store samples before investing. (05/17/2006)

By Claudia-MD

Buying Mineral Makeup

I buy a really good product from Smoky Mineral cosmetics on the internet. I get a very good price and a very good product. (05/17/2006)

By Pamm

Buying Mineral Makeup

I have never tried Bare Minerals, but an internet friend has recommended it. She told me to buy samples via eBay first so I would know what I wanted to buy without spending a lot of money in the end. (05/17/2006)

By Carol in PA

Buying Mineral Makeup

I have tried Bare Minerals and didn't like it. I also agree with you on the drugstore mineral products because I just tried the new ones out also. I have used Jane Iredale products for years and I do love that brand. I have found the best prices on eBay. You can look up the web site to see the products and find a salon in your area that sells it if you rather buy it that way. That way you can see what colors work best for you and then start getting them cheaper online. (05/17/2006)

By Eva

Buying Mineral Makeup

Try Sheer Miracle products. I have used them for about 3 months now and my acne prone skin is much better. Store brands used to make my acne much worse and more visible and red. Sheer Miracle'd doesn't do that. The store is sheermiracle.com.

I really recommend them and they have a bunch of great testimonials too to back up my post. (05/18/2006)

Buying Mineral Makeup

Try Everyday Minerals. The website is everydayminerals.com. It is wonderful and much less expensive than Bare Escentuals. Plus they give you free samples, but you have to pay for shipping. (09/14/2006)

By Laila

Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up Tips TipsOctober 29, 2010
Girl Playtime Make-up
Faux Make-up For Playtime
Toilet
Preventing Mineral Deposits in a Toilet
Shiney faucets and clean tub.
Cleaning Lime Stains from a Bathtub
Keeping Water Fountains Free of Mineral Deposits
🎉
🎄