I Love to Cook and Hate the Dishes! - Categories:

DishesCleaning

I Love to Cook and Hate the Dishes!

Always keep a fresh dish pan of sudsy water to clean your cooking dishes while you cook, incorporate your style of cooking and cleaning at the same time, then when your baking is done so are your dishes! Multitasking can be multi-relaxing!

By Kate

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I think this is excellent advice. I know that there are many other people out there who would wind up with molding dishes, growing all colors of the rainbow! I have made several life-style changes with the help of friends and the Lord. I am finally learning to love myself. I encourage whoever is reading this, ... you CAN do it. Depression plays a huge role in this and I know Jesus can help you if you call on HIM!! Blessings on your new adventure.

My mother always taught my sister and I to wash up as you go along.

That way there are no piles of dishes to face.

I found that this really works for me. Now if I could only convince my husband.....

:) Smoochie!

I always remind myself and my children that the dishes are a sign of God's abundance and loving care. The same goes for cleaning the home and putting away the groceries He provided.

At least when you have dirty dishes, there has been food on them to make them dirty and praise God for the food!

I find that when i dread doing dishes the most is when the drain is full of clean dishes waiting to be put away first.

I don't mind washing dishes as much as i do putting away the clean ones!

When i had a dishwasher, i hated unloading it.

(for that i learned to use a large plastic tray to stack similar items and then carry to the cabinets. i could make maybe 3 trips instead of dozens).

The idea to have clean soapy water while you cook is a good suggestion but i find it is too distracting while i'm cooking, i'd rather wait and do them all at once later.

Sometimes when it's just soooo hard to get motivated to wash a load of waiting dishes, i've found that if i wash my hands first and leave the suds on them, then pick up the first dish to wash, it gets me started more easily.

Also, when dishes are set down on the counter in any ol helter-skelter way, it looks like an awful lot more dishes than it really is!

Stacking like-with-like compacts it all into a small more manageable job.

Plus, i recently went thru my entire kitchen and purged 5 large boxes of duplicate & unused dishes.

We only have 2 hands, one mouth, four stove burners, so i kept out no more than 2-4 peices of like items.

Now instead of grabbing another clean dish every time i need one, i automatically wash the ones i use and it's ready for the next use.

I've gone from having enough dishes & paraphnalia to start my own restaurant, to having barely enough to fill a suitcase!

And it serves our needs just perfectly, i don't miss ANYTHING i purged, and cleaning up in the kitchen is a quick breeze now with less to clean.

I married very young...(14) and hated to do dishes with a passion. Then a neighbor girl who was about nine was visiting me one day. She asked if she could wash my dishes. Of course I said yes. As she was washing them, she said, "I like doing dishes. It's easy. I don't know why people think it's hard". For some reason that simple statement stuck with me and I've never minded doing dishes since.

"I find that when I dread doing dishes the most is when the drain is full of clean dishes waiting to be put away first.

I don't mind washing dishes as much as i do putting away the clean ones!"

I'm so with you there! It's ridiculous, the mountain of clean dishes facing off against the mountain of dirty LOL

What's helped me is to place the dishes in the draining rack in the order I would put them away. I mean, instead of having a cup, a bowl, a plate, a muffin tin, I have all the plates lined up next to each other, all the bowls (in the order they would nest), etc. When they're drip-dried, I can just grab them up and put them away. I hope that made sense!

Me too. Same here. I'm in mid 50's. My sis and I were taught and (made) to do the dishes after every single meal (Particularly dinner). Mom did most all the other work around the home, so i suppose she figured that us kids doing dishes was nothing! Me and Debbie would take turns washing and drying; but we both preferred to wash for some strange reason; maybe because as many dish towels as Mom had, she would only leave 1 or 2 out at a time, and they would get soaking wet! Uggh!

I've had a auto dishwasher off and on throughout my life, and they're ok. When you don't have one, your want one bad. and when you do have one. It seems that the 'chore' of doing dishes still remains. My brothers never ever had to help out with dishes. That sucked. I protested, believe me. I also just hated with a passion, during a holiday when after dinner, all the guys would go into Living room and watch Football. So I would wander in with the guys and get in huge trouble with Mom and older sis. Never could figure that one out? Our kitchen was small and already full of women. They didn't need me in there too?

Now, I've accepted that my hubby is the main provider for the family and we each do our own stuff. I don't cut the grass or take out the trash. He does. I do appreciate a spotless home(as I was brought up) but today that is impossible with family and cats and a dog. Just impossible, so I've developed an "Oh, well" attitude about the whole situation. Now, with Edema(swelling of legs and ankles) I cannot stand for long periods of time. So, after my first cup of coffee(when I'm kickin' from the caffeine). I get on a role and do as many dishes as I can possibly fit in the dish drainer! Take a break, and repeat, even if it's 2 days later. HA!

Whatcha gonna do?

darlene in St. Louis, MO

I do not like washing dishes but I do love worm water. I just trained my brain to think of the washing dishes sessions as of nice worming routines. Plus, I usually have something going in the oven while I am washing dishes and I know that I cannot leave my kitchen anyway so to wash some dishes is just a routine to pass some time. Recently I started listening to my MP3 player with interesting books while washing dishes. I guess anybody can find some kind of tricks like those to convert the hated routine into a nice one. And finally, I love my sparkling kitchen after I am done, so all the effort is worthwhile.

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesNovember 26, 2004
fried okra
Cooking Okra
Front of a wrinkled shirt.
Preventing Wrinkled Clothing
Horseradish
Growing Horseradish
Horseradish Sauce
Horseradish Sauce Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 5:10:23 PM on 10.0.1.204 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.