Uses for Lampshades

I have recently acquired some old lampshades (mostly the bigger sizes). I am looking for cool ways/ideas to use these! I would like to make some sort of funky outdoor lighting with them. All suggestions welcome.

Thanks! Is it spring yet?!
Lori from Atlanta, NY

Hi Lori... i wish it was spring too!

Hey, have you tried putting two of the lampshades together (big ends) and putting a light on a cord in there? You could even decorate it to look sorta like the Chinese lamps...

I know most lampshade material is paintable. You can use spray paints to give it new life.... I'm brain storming here, but its hard... lol ~

If the lampshades are already nice looking, could you use them around flower pots of the same size for a deco look?

~kat

If they are fabric shades where you can remove the cloth and use the frames. you could wrap the wire frames with strings of beads or buttons. Cheap plastic beads (like strings of Mardi Gras beads) would be fine outdoors and would create some pretty effects with candles or plain ol' light bulbs.

Wire frames could also be used as topiary frames for small twining plants.

Lampshade
Uses for Old Lampshades
Lampshade
Repairing Dents in Lampshades
picture of a dusty lampshade
Cleaning a Lampshade
lamp with lampshade
Saving Money on Lampshades
Lampshade
Ideas for Fixing Up Lampshades
🎉
🎄