Gluing a Car Handle Back On

What glue can I use to attach my rear door handle back onto the car? Both surfaces are plastic. I tried gorilla glues and epoxies, which did not work. Someone told me no glue can fix a car. It is a 2004 Scion XB.

By Linda from Callicoon, NY

I cannot guarantee this will work, but it can't hurt to try. Go to WalMart, Home Depot, Dollar General Store, etc and get some Household Goop, Shoe Goo, Marine Goop or Plumbers Goop. It may be in the sports dept. It works wonders on so many different items. The best part is if you need to undo it, it peels off the surfaces that you put it on. But it does stick well, too. We have been using this for years on so many different projects.

The best thing to do is to ask what kind of glue to use at auto repair and/or auto body shops. I would call a few and the type of glue mentioned most will be the one. ;-)

I'm just taking a guess here, but I wonder if that product "Mighty Putty" (as seen on TV) would work?

1. Call the business that sells your car on their lot new and ask them.

2. Call a body shop that works on any cars and ask them.

E6OO. I glued two plastic stones together, worked great.

We are actually in the automotive business and our manager uses a glue that he calls "jet glue". He buys it from a craft store. This stuff actually bonds the plastic back into one piece again. It works like nothing I have seen before. Hope you can find it!

That "Mighty Putty" is a joke! I bought some when it was on "clearance"....It was good for nothing! Your better off going to a Junk-Yard and replacing it.

Consumer Advice Cars Repair AdviceDecember 14, 2010
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Gluing Puzzles Together
Gluing Puzzles Together
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver