Time for a Major Declutter

I have been having a major declutter at my house. Nothing has been spared. I figured if I hadn't looked at some of the stuff I was considering hanging onto, I didn't really need it. I went through one room thoroughly every day, sparing nothing! The last time I did this a couple of years ago, I hate to admit, even my husband got included in the decluttering, but that's another story! (hee hee!)

I donated things to every thrift store in my small town (we only have 1500 people in my town so it didn't take long!) I found boxes of stuff in the garage that hadn't even been opened since we moved here five years ago, so I threw caution to the wind and threw it out without looking in it. I felt very brave doing that!

My husband (the current one!) is from Ghana in West Africa, so I when it came to my clothing, I bundled boxes and boxes of it up and sent it over to his family. They were absolutely delighted with it. It certainly didn't go to waste which made me very happy. Even my sister joined in with recycling her clothes to Ghana!

By Lynn from Drysdale, Australia

I'm feeling that I need to do the same thing - declutter. I have clothes that I need to get rid of! Not that I have a lot, but a couple items I can think of have barely been worn that were purchased on clearance many years ago. Instead of donating to a thirft store, I put items do donate on freecycler - then when I'm looking for items, hopefully someone will have what I'm looking for too.

I find myself trapped by the tyranny of Little Stuff - those little screws and pens and pins and labels and stickers and whatnot - flotsam that shows up on every surface - stuff that's theoretically useful but for some reason ends up cluttering up everything. I am getting to the point where I'd as soon throw it all away but have trouble doing that...

Thank you for reminding me there are others out there who would appreciate and enjoy my decluttered items. It will help me to dispose of many items I no longer want or need.

Beware of the fact you need to ASK the person whom you are giving that stuff to if they can use it! I lived in an apartment building. Several people placed large garbage bags of stuff at my door when they moved. Some could be used (which was nice to keep cost down on craft supplies), but most of it was garbage. They got me into trouble with my landlord and we had to put up a sign-----THIS IS NOT A DUMP GROUND!

Excellent project to take on. Every day or every week, making decisions that clear out some of your space, while blessing others, less fortunate than you. When I do this in my space, I like to pray for the people I don't know. I lift up the strangers who will use my things, wear these clothes, read my books in prayer, asking our Creator God to bless them, guide their lives, heal their bodies and minds, provide for their needs. I ask for them every thing that I ask the Lord for my brothers and sisters, for myself; because each of them is my family, is myself.

How to Declutter Your Life
How to Declutter Your Life
Better Living Charity TipsApril 10, 2009
A bedroom dresser that is cluttered and disorganized.
Name Ideas for a Decluttering Business
Paint Roller Putting Teal Paint on Wall
Cleaning Paint Rollers
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business, A handwritten business plan on paper.
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business
Saving Money on Textbooks
Saving Money on Textbooks