Homemade Thank You Cards

contest winner icon

I came up with this idea. I let my two year old loose with a bucket of acrylic paints (you can use any paints you want) and a pad of newsprint paper. Construction paper works as well, just so long as it's strong enough to hold up to the paint.

Once the art was dry, I tore it into small rectangles. I then attach these to the front of blank cards that I picked up at a local craft store with glue or acid free tape.

On the top of this, I attach a smaller piece of cardstock or leave it the way it is. This way I have a card ready for thank you notes, gifts, birthdays, and any other card occasions. The recipient gets a piece of my child's artwork and I no longer buy expensive cards from stores. Plus, they are always on hand!

By Brandy from Little Rock, AR

Homemade Thank You Notes
Homemade Thank You Notes
Crafts Paper CardsJuly 31, 2006
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
daughter giving mother a gift
Thank You Speech for Mother's 80 Birthday
thank you note ideas
Sending Thank You Notes