Searching for a Book on Heirloom Vegetable and Herb Propagation

Can anyone recommend an excellent reference book concerning the proper harvesting, processing and storage of seeds/roots/cuttings of heritage/heirloom veggies and herbs for propagation? I'm looking for a book that covers each different veggie and herb separately, and in detail, as merely drying, sprouting, and replanting doesn't necessarily work for all.

I'm not seeking particular hardiness zone info as my priority is in learning the general concepts for the individual plants. If you know of a particular website, that would be very helpful too, but I'm hoping to find a good, old fashion, hard copy, book title, first and foremost. Thanks for anything you can share from positive, personal experience. -KansasCindy

By Cindy from KS

The very best I've ever found on propagation is called Plant Propagation by DK American Horticultural Society, Alan Toogood Editor in chief c.1999. I'm quite sure you'll find everything you need and more including techniques for sowing, cuttings, grafting, division, layering of vegetables and other perennials and annuals, cacti and trees, etc. It's so complete and easy to understand with lots of beautiful pictures and detailed writing from real professionals.

Thank you so much, "prissyjp". I will look into this book. Still open to other suggestion from anyone, but very grateful for this starting point. Thanks again to you (and others) that respond on this site! The insight is incredible! Happy New Year!

* GOOGLE Search those 2 topics & you decide from there which appeals to you more.

* Your local library will have catalogues of material

* 90% of Gardening Club/Groups will have links to Seed Savers/Heritage/Collectable etc

* your local Organic/Health Food shop will be selling products sourced locally - there will be contact details on the labels

Good Luck

Rebecca

GOLD COAST - AUSTRALIA