Halloween Themed Party

My 13 year old daughter wants to have a Halloween party, but she wants it to have 20 of her friends, and have really scary decorations. I said I am OK with it, but it costs way too much money.

How can I make my house look scary for her, but still not spend so much money? She says she wants this party so much, and her birthday is the 13th of October. She said she will do anything for this party. Even not get any presents for her birthday, and do her sister's chores and hers. How can I make her happy without losing all my money?

By Steph27 from Orlando, FL

Here are some great website I found. kingshaunting.com. also orientaltrading.com

Start looking at 2nd hand stores now for costumes. You could have a theme. For example a monster mash, vampires will be popular this year because of young adult book series that are out.

Use white or cream sheets to cover furniture to make it look like a spooky mansion. Use votive candles and low lighting to make it look spooky. The craft and dollar stores have Halloween items now.

Use webbing on mirrors and the corner of door frames. Don't dust for a couple weeks before the party to add to the spooky mansion look.

Take plastic bugs (dollar store) and put them on the floor by the base boards. These are just some ideas I got from going online and am using at our party. I hope this helps. Frugal Parent in MI

Take a black trash bag, cut it open along one side seam and the top so it is double in length. Start at the bottom and using scissors cut up almost to the top then tack up across the doorway, you an also cut it from a short side so it will be longer.

Also check Martha Stewarts website for ideas.

Hi! I just saw in a magazine a tip for buying some cheesecloth-like fabric (can usually be found for $1 per yard at Walmart), then tear it and stretch it a bit and tea-stain it and lay it over all normal furniture. Looks all scary and cobbwebby.

Also, if you check out some local construction areas, you can come up with some scraps of plywood, cut them into "grave stones" and paint them accordingly to decorate your yard. Acrylic paint and spray paint are cheap--and if you don't already have one and can't borrow one--a jigsaw is only $20 or less. Good luck and happy haunting!

Black garbage bag stuffed to make head and remaining bag cut into 8 legs for giant spider, black foam vegetable cartons cut into bat shapes (glow in the dark eyes work great with these. Also small ones can have pin attached to make jewelry), use string or yarn to make a loose type spider web around the room and have one end for each child to follow (it is fun trying to go over and under each other) for a small goody bag at the end.

September 10, 2009 Flag

I need some help with a Halloween themed party. What should the decorations look like? What's a good dance name (I need a catchy phrase)? What are some activities we can do? I need something that middle school and high school students will like. So please help me out here. I would truly appreciate it.

Ama from CA

Halloween Themed Party

Boo-Bash (08/31/2005)

By chima0692

Halloween Themed Party

What better name than "Monster Mash"? There's a great Halloween section on this website from which to get ideas. If the party is going on at school, you may have some restrictions. If not, pick your favorite punch and fill one or 2 plastics gloves with a contrasting or complimentary color punch = once frozen, peel the gloves off and float your disembodied hands in the punch. A great "decoration" that's functional as well. You could even float some eyeballs you've made out of marshmallows with raisins or chocolate chips for the pupil.

Cobwebs into which you've mixed some twigs and leaves to make more authentic and aged in appearance is a great touch. They'll love anything streaming hanging down in the doorways crepe paper, the shiny streamers, black lace cut into tatters, etc. Cut squares of white material stuffed in the middle with the lost mates of socks and then tied around the "neck" make great ghosts that can hang from various locations and heights. And don't forget the black light(s) to make everything have that eerie glow. Wish I could be there to help. I love Halloween. (08/31/2005)

By bbb

Holidays and Parties Halloween PartiesSeptember 10, 2009
Poker Themed Birthday Party
Poker Themed Birthday Party
Museum Themed Party
Throwing Museum Themed Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Halloween Hot Dog Fingers
Halloween Hot Dog Fingers