Use Sales Ads at a Competing Store

If there are several good deals/sales at different stores, and you don't want to drive all over town, check to see if one of the stores will honor the other ads. Nowadays, most stores will honor the sale ads of other stores for the exact same item, just to keep you in their store and doing all your shopping there.

By knitter926 from Bloomington, IL

September 27, 2010 Flag

Use Sale Ads to your advantage. When one store has a sale that is really good, they will often run out of stock. Take the ad to a competitor and they will often price match for you.

By Bethany from SC

Answers:

Use Sales Ads at a Competing Store

That's exactly how I save a large amount of money on my groceries. The store I have chosen to patronize has an ad match policy plus a double coupon bonus. I called all the stores in my area before making the decision to shop at this one. I specifically asked what their coupon and ad matching policies were. This helped me make the best choice. Now I can save time and gas and lots of money! (11/24/2008)

By Michele

Use Sales Ads at a Competing Store

Some stores will accept other stores' coupons. Walgreen's will accept CVS's manufacturer's coupons. A friend notified me of this, back in the summer. We were able to get some marked down Dove chocolate bars, minus $1.00 off 1 candy bar coupons we'd picked up at CVS, with CVS's logo on them, at Walgreen's. Not one word was said about it. My guess is Walgreens would rather us be shopping at their store than using CVS's coupons at CVS. So each midsize candy bar cost us 19 cents each after coupon!! (12/05/2008)

By badwater

Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingSeptember 27, 2010
A table full of items for sale at a garage sale.
Finding Garage Sales
Garage Sales
Shopping at Garage Sales
Estate Sale
Shopping Estate Sales
A woman taking a photo of a vase to post it on eBay.
eBay vs. Garage Sales
🎄