Paint Color AdviceDecorating

Comfortable, Warm and Cheerful Painting Advice

My husband and I just bought our first house. We want to paint the walls but are unsure as to what color to paint them. The couches have dark green, red and with a little blue in them. I think they might have a little tan in them as well. I definitely don't want my house to look dark. I'm going for a comfortable, warm and cheerful look. What colors would look best with it? I'd like to stay away from whites if at all possible.

Rose

I painted my entire main level a really nice taupe from CIL paints called Jefferson House. It is a neutral that I find goes well with most any color scheme and made my place look finished wihtout being over decorated. It added a nice warm feeling and I use accents (pillows, rugs) to add the punch of color that I wanted. The best thing about the accents is that they can be easily changed to suit seasons, changin style etc without the hassle of repainting!

How about a pale buttery yellow? It'll make the room brighter too.

Hi,

My daughter just built a new home about a year ago and she went with bright colors (which I would never have had the nerve to do) but they look great.

Her den is red, kind of a barn red, one room is bright blue, one is gold. She is good at decorating so it worked for her. She gets lots of compliments on it all.

With the colors you have described I think a Buttercream Yellow would be so pretty. Its not a dark yellow but a soft one.

We painted our bathrooms a sand color, they look great. The open floor plan of our kitchen/living room and hallways are sage green from Behr. They all look great too. Light colors but very warm feeling.

I think a cream or very light tan would be great.

I have almost the same delima right now. I think I'm going with dark red on just one of the walls and cream on the remaining 3. The green couches are going against the cream walls. And a bench my husband built is going against the red one under the window.