Veggie Ice Pack

My chiropractor told me that, when my back was hurting, to put an ice pack on the aching pain. If I didn't have any ice packs, I could use a bag of frozen veggies, such as corn or green peas. Place a towel over the bag and lay on the bag of frozen veggies to get the best angle on the pain, rather than laying down and putting the bag of frozen veggies on top of the ache. The same bag of veggies can be used more than once like this, by refreezing them. But be sure mark them so you'll not grab them out of the freezer to prepare for your meal as you'll have to toss them out once you're finished using them due to bacteria build up.

My chiropractor said a bag of frozen veggies was cheaper than going to the store and buying an ice pack, or in case you didn't have any already at home. Ice is better for pain sometimes than a heating pad, especially when it comes to aching hips and backs.

By Terri from NV

Go ahead and cook and use the veggies the same day you use them as an ice pack. If it will be a long time till mealtime, refrigerate them and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop. No food loss or poisoning here.

<smiles>

I fill a plastic bag with ice cubes or crushed ice. When you're through, return it to the freezer and it's ready to use the next time. Works well for me and I'm not wasting frozen veggies.

I've used the "pea pack" before also, but they didn't stay cold long enough for me. OR the peas would begin to form large hard clumps that were very uncomfortable.

Try this homemade ice pack:

Take 3 parts water and 1 part rubbing alcohol. (I use 3 cups water/1 cup alcohol). Pour into a gallon- size freezer bag (I use the type they doesn't have the white "lock" on top...they've always leaked for me). Then place it inside another gallon-size freezer bag. Press out as much air in both bags as you can before sealing completely. Lay bags down flat in your freezer. When needed, wrap in a thin towel and place in the area needed. The alcohol keeps the water just mushy enough to fit the contour of your body, but stays nice and cold, too. Reuse over and over. Check for leaks now and then...you'll know by the smell! If you do spring a leak, just transfer the liquid over into new bags.

Veggie Ice Pack
Improvised Ice Packs from Your Freezer
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 10, 2006
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
🎉
🎄