Freeze Milk Before It Goes Bad

To use up milk or cream when it is nearing the expiration date, I will freeze into ice cubes. I then will pop them out and place into a freezer bag for later use. When I have a recipe that calls for milk, I will pull out what I need and thaw in the microwave on defrost. Works like a charm! Approximate measurements: 1 cube = 3 Tablespoons, 3 cubes = 1/2 cup, 6 cubes = 1 cup, etc.

By Ashley from Ephrata, PA

since the price of milk is going up almost as fast a gas, and the fact that I

have an in-home child care, I have been buying milk while on sale and freezing it in cartons for drinking I have to buy 2 gallons of 2%, 1 of whole and 1 skim and 1/2 soy and 1/2 lactose free each and every week. at $4.00 a gallon that is quite pricy. Since I only use all of the 2% it also would mean lots of waste. So I freeze the whole and skim in the sized containers I need for the week. The soy and lactose free have such along shelf life it almost makes me not want to serve them!!!

My husband and I are retired and we buy groceries once a month and we use two gallons of milk,after grocery shopping for the month ,bring the milk home and freeze one gallon and is very fresh by the end of the month when I take it out the freezer. I also keep 5 cans of evaporated milk in my cupboard and I have a container that I pour one can of evaporated milk and 2 cans of water into the container and stir; I use it for cooking and coffee creamer.

How smart!!! Thanks for sharing!

God Bless,

Sheila in Titusville, FL

WE HAVE BEEN FREEZING MILK FOR YEARS.

I USUALLY BUY WHOLE BECAUSE WHEN IT THAWS IT TENDS TO WATER DOWN A BIT AND IS EQUAL TO 2 % MILK AFTER THAT

Thanks for sharing that I did not know. Thanks again.

Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversJune 28, 2007
Almond Milk
Using Almond Milk
A bunch of cherries still on the tree.
Using Up Your Cherry Harvest
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
🎉
🎄