Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Corns from Toes

I'm on my feet 8 hours a day and they're very painful, in between the ball of my feet and the heel. I have lumps of round hard skin a bit like a corn with what looks like a small lump in the center.

I've used Bazuka that gets rid of the hard skin, but the center bit is still there. I just can't get that out. It just keeps coming back. Please can you help? It's on both feet.

By Joan from Liverpool

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Lelia Jo Cordell [49]05/15/2010

I'm with Maryeileen. My sister had Plantar warts, and my daughters and I have had them also. To my knowledge, only surgery gets these out.

By Maryeileen [76]05/14/2010

It sounds like you might have plantar warts and for those you should go to a podiatrist.

By Barbara Petty [13]05/13/2010

This is gonna sound crazy, but soak your feet every few days in a dishpan full of hot water and meat tenderizer. (use plain un-seasoned tenderizer)

This will help the layers of dead skin become soft. You can remove a layer of this skin at a time by rubbing it off. Use a rough washcloth to do this. Don't rub too hard, or rub down to the "pink" skin which will cause the skin to be sore, and cause more problems.

After drying your feet, while they are still nice and warm, slather on lots of Crisco shortening, and put on white socks, and wear them to bed. You'll be so surprised the next day.

It will take several times of soaking to remove all of this dead skin that has built up over a while. Even diabetics are able to remove dead skin, corns, and callouses this way.

By metroplex [81]05/11/2010

Forgot one thing; when the balls of my feet hurt I use one of those foot scrapers that look like a cheese grater. not the pedileg thing or what ever it's name is. Soak your feet in warm water with soap in it for as long as you can. dry your feet completely. Then take this cheese grater thing and scrub the balls of your feet. the dead skin will come off, callouses and you'll feet better soon.

By metroplex [81]05/11/2010

This is going to sound strange too, but when I get them on my feet. I use Ponds Cold Cream, the original. I think it has green lettering. I slather it on the corn and keep adding more and working it in and eventually the center 'eye' becomes loose and I can pull it out. the skin on the outside of the corn comes off too. this is an overnight treatment. I don't know why ponds works, but it does, but it has to be ponds.

By Cyinda [214]05/10/2010

This is going to sound strange, but one thing you can do is to soak your feet every few days in a dishpan of hot soapy water for half an hour & also every time you take a bath or shower at the end, when your skin is soft & waterlogged, take your fingernails & scrape off the top layer of dead skin cells (you will be surprised how much comes off!). If you do this often & buy shoes that have lots of room & fit well, your corns will can away. You can also take an emery board to file the area when the skin is hard & dry on the days you don't soak your feet. Buy a pack of 30 emery boards at a dollar store & use a new one every time.

To remove that center, you may have to use a wart remover. They use Salicylic Acid to kill the skin cells so it eventually comes off. This may take several weeks.