Removing Corns from Toes

By Joan 1

I'm on my feet 8 hours a day and they're very painful, in between the ball of my feet and the heel. I have lumps of round hard skin a bit like a corn with what looks like a small lump in the center.

I've used Bazuka that gets rid of the hard skin, but the center bit is still there. I just can't get that out. It just keeps coming back. Please can you help? It's on both feet.

By Joan from Liverpool

Showing: Answers Sort

By Cyinda 214 1,287 Flag

This is going to sound strange, but one thing you can do is to soak your feet every few days in a dishpan of hot soapy water for half an hour & also every time you take a bath or shower at the end, when your skin is soft & waterlogged, take your fingernails & scrape off the top layer of dead skin cells (you will be surprised how much comes off!). If you do this often & buy shoes that have lots of room & fit well, your corns will can away. You can also take an emery board to file the area when the skin is hard & dry on the days you don't soak your feet. Buy a pack of 30 emery boards at a dollar store & use a new one every time.

To remove that center, you may have to use a wart remover. They use Salicylic Acid to kill the skin cells so it eventually comes off. This may take several weeks.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By metroplex 82 416 Flag

This is going to sound strange too, but when I get them on my feet. I use Ponds Cold Cream, the original. I think it has green lettering. I slather it on the corn and keep adding more and working it in and eventually the center 'eye' becomes loose and I can pull it out. the skin on the outside of the corn comes off too. this is an overnight treatment. I don't know why ponds works, but it does, but it has to be ponds.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By metroplex 82 416 Flag

Forgot one thing; when the balls of my feet hurt I use one of those foot scrapers that look like a cheese grater. not the pedileg thing or what ever it's name is. Soak your feet in warm water with soap in it for as long as you can. dry your feet completely. Then take this cheese grater thing and scrub the balls of your feet. the dead skin will come off, callouses and you'll feet better soon.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Barbara Petty 15 106 Flag

This is gonna sound crazy, but soak your feet every few days in a dishpan full of hot water and meat tenderizer. (use plain un-seasoned tenderizer)

This will help the layers of dead skin become soft. You can remove a layer of this skin at a time by rubbing it off. Use a rough washcloth to do this. Don't rub too hard, or rub down to the "pink" skin which will cause the skin to be sore, and cause more problems.

After drying your feet, while they are still nice and warm, slather on lots of Crisco shortening, and put on white socks, and wear them to bed. You'll be so surprised the next day.

It will take several times of soaking to remove all of this dead skin that has built up over a while. Even diabetics are able to remove dead skin, corns, and callouses this way.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Maryeileen 76 1,143 Flag

It sounds like you might have plantar warts and for those you should go to a podiatrist.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lelia Jo Cordell 51 1,936 Flag

I'm with Maryeileen. My sister had Plantar warts, and my daughters and I have had them also. To my knowledge, only surgery gets these out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Bare Feet
Removing Corns From Feet
Previous
Health & Beauty Home RemediesMay 10, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Bare Feet
Removing Corns From Feet
adhesive bandages
Bandaging Between Toes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 4:33:02 PM on 10.0.2.213 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings