Removing WD40 From Dried Clothing

I read somewhere that you can use WD40 to get melted Chap Stick out of clothes, but now I have WD40 stains on my work clothes. Any idea how to get the WD40 out now? Help!

Molly from MN

Best Answer

Dish soap is made to get grease off of your dishes and does a great job on any oily stain on clothes.

Shout is the best stain remover I've used! It gets out every stain I encounter!

My husband is a truck driver and he gets everything on his clothes from axle grease to diesel fuel to tar. I swear by "Orange GOOP" hand cleaner and "Greased Lightening" all purpose cleaner & degreaser. You can find both at WalMart or most home improvement stores.

First I squirt the area with Greased Lightening thoroughly, then rub in some of the hand cleaner on the same spot. Rub well into the fabric either with your knuckles or with a small scrub brush. Then roll up the clothing and let set for an hour or so. Then unroll and wash as usual.

This sounds like a big chore and believe me, sometimes it is, But it's better than having to buy new work clothes every week!

Good luck...hope this works for you. Pat T.

I had found with work clothes.....rub lots of sunlite soap..on clothes...add Lux flakes added to hotish water to dissolve...and move around by hand for few minutes..let soak overnite ....rinse well...it may help..I found it did a pretty good job...mervyn

March 9, 2009 Flag

I tried using WD40 as a first step in removing crayon that melted onto clothes in the dryer. When I put the wet wash in the dryer, no stains were visible. I was dismayed to take out the dry clothes which now have large blotches wherever WD40 had been applied. Is there any hope for these clothes?

Linda from Frederick, MD

Answers:

Removing WD40 From Dried Clothing

WD-40 is made of fish oil, treat it like any other oil stain and it should come out. I usually try to soak oil stains with Dawn original dish detergent. It gets out all kinds of stains. (07/17/2007)

By duckie43

Removing WD40 From Dried Clothing

French chalk from the drug store will remove oily stains. I'm not sure of the chemical name, it is something magnesium. It comes in a bar like soap. Rub it on and dust it off. Cowboys use it to clean the hair and skin oils from their Stetson hats. (07/17/2007)

By siris

Removing WD40 From Dried Clothing

Dawn dish soap is definitely the way to go. It gets grease and oil out of anything! (11/29/2007)

By mgrogg

WD40
Cleaning WD-40 Stains from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMarch 9, 2009
Dried lime cut in half.
Recipes Using Dried Limes
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Removing Graphite (or Pencil) Stains from Clothing
🎉
🎄