Christmas Tradition: Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve, my family has our two girls try to find the Christmas box Mrs. Santa left for them. It always contains a new set of pajama's. After they put on the pajamas, our family drives around town looking at Christmas lights and live nativity scenes in different neighborhoods. We've done this for 21 years and they still love this tradition that officially starts Christmas for them.

By Linda from Fort Walton Beach, FL

I love your Christmas tradition and merry Christmas

I read a book on Christmas in other countries once and adopted one of theirs for our little family. Just before going to bed we turn off the lights and light candles and the youngest child carries the baby Jesus to the manager and we all sing Silent Night quietly. Then we hug each other and blow out the candles and go to bed. We've done this at my house for over 30 years. I read the book when I was 9 years old.

We also drive around and look at the various decorations. However we rate them on our own scale. Several neighborhoods are must sees and a couple houses are must see's every year. I cook a special dinner and we open gifts for those that will not be with us on Christmas morning.

A grandmother helping her granddaughter make a gingerbread house.
Family Christmas Traditions
Holidays and Parties Christmas TraditionsDecember 12, 2007
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
A girl opening a small gift.
Christmas Countdown Gift Ideas
Printable advent calendar.
Printable Advent Calendars
Happy New Year Sign
Celebrating New Year's Eve
🎉
🎄