Use Office Supplies for Doll Furniture

Some time ago there was a lady that wanted ideas for doll furniture. I find that most website ideas are for actual miniatures, not play-scale which means 11 1/2 inch fashion doll size.

Using office supplies, you can make some very fancy fashion doll furniture. Square pencil cases become end tables, especially the frosted glass kind. Letter holders or large pencil holders with multiple cubicles can be used for headboards to a Barbie bed. This works especially if they have a curved edge. Buy them when the stores are trying to change their inventory. Or if you frequent Wal-mart, you need to try every six months. Most of these stores will try to clear their inventories then.

Use glass candle holders for table pedestals with the mirrors or matching glass candle plates glued with epoxy resin or clear silicon glue. These don't break as easily I thought, but you might not want your little one playing with them. They can get heavy, but they are really good looking. Maybe you can use acrylic holders; I have seen them believe it or not.

Place mats make very sensible floor coverings.

Eye glass and contact lens cases make very durable suit cases. They snap shut, so you don't have to worry about attaching snaps unless you just want to make it look authentic. Just add a simple handle and go! Paint them with Krylon Spray paint if you don't like the color. I look for solid color cases so there isn't any bleeding of lighter colors up through the spray paint. Usually, I find a solid color that I like and don't change anything but add a handle.

These items can be used for things other than doll furniture and that is why I like these ideas.

Source: Doll Divas is a website that has some of the same bed and end table ideas that I have, but the suitcase made from eye glass and contact lens cases I found at the local Wal-mart optical store.

Thank you Tim, for the unusual ideas for dolls furniture from office supplies. I will definately try these out. Helen

A small dining and living room in a doll house.
Making Doll Furniture
Crafts Crafts For KidsNovember 19, 2008
woman using computer
Using Microsoft Office Programs
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair