Wedding Dress on a Budget

For my daughter's wedding, we had to do it on a budget, in a big church. We found a beautiful dress at a consignment shop, but it needed sleeves. I found a local affordable seamstress and we had a beautiful finished product, for a fraction of the price of the dress originally.

By Glinda from KY

Beautiful! It seems today so many girls think their wedding is the time to expose as much skin as possible! It really detracts from their face--which is the focal point of their expression and joy.

What a beautiful girl, beautiful bride- AND very smart to boot.

Another option is to look on Ebay. I bought 2 brand-new wedding dresses on there. The first one came to a grand total of $55 (yes, I said $55) and the second one was $185. Both amounts include the shipping fee. They are both beautiful dresses but the first one didn't look good on me (it looked great on the hanger but just not "me" which is why I purchased the second one & had luck with that one). You are taking a chance by ordering on Ebay but it worked out for me. Thanks for sharing your story.

Victoria said:

"Another option is to look on Ebay. I bought 2 brand-new wedding dresses on there. The first one came to a grand total of $55 (yes, I said $55) and the second one was $185. Both amounts include the shipping fee. They are both beautiful dresses but the first one didn't look good on me (it looked great on the hanger but just not "me" which is why I purchased the second one & had luck with that one). You are taking a chance by ordering on Ebay but it worked out for me"

Well a way to avoid those mishaps of buying a dress on Ebay, that don't look good on you, is to go to a wedding dress shop and try on different sihouettes to see what best flatters your figure. Then try hard to find that same silhouette on Ebay. They have tons

White wedding dress on black dress form against white background
Buying a Used Wedding Dress
Weddings DressesFebruary 14, 2007
selecting a wedding dress
Selecting a Wedding Dress
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Bride and Groom Putting Money in Piggy Bank
Creating a Budget for Your Wedding
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
🎉
🎄