My Frugal Life: Necessity is Still the Mother of Invention

Frugality has been a necessity for all of my 48 years. Making money stretch as far as possible is what I have always needed to do but I enjoy it because I also believe it is best for my family and my world to consume less, waste less. My Frugal Life

I believe I can sum up my frugal life in these 7 Frugal Ways:

1. Make it don't buy it. Whether it's brownies, bread, a card, a cleanser or a flower arrangement, do it yourself.

2. Buy it ONLY when it's on sale or from thrift store and don't forget on-line deals. A sale and a coupon are best.

3. Do the math at the store to get the best price, bulk is usually best and better for the environment.

4. Do the research to get the best value. Cheap isn't always best.

5. If you can WAIT, a good price will come along.

6. USE what you have! When you see something you want to buy at the store, on TV, in a catalog, take the IDEA and make your own version. Find a way to use what you have to meet the need.

7. Give to friends and they will give to you. Just find someone to give your unwanted stuff to and they will think of you next time they need to get rid of something.

Cynthia from Russellville, AR

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here:

Really good advice. Number 7 is so true.

Better Living Frugal Living My Frugal LifeMay 18, 2009
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Printer ink color cartridges.
Saving Money on Toner & Inkjet Cartridges
Saving Money on Computers
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower